Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit on a CB1000R a couple of months ago. The dealer said it was supposed to ship May 3. Anybody else waiting to receive a new bike? I can't seem to get any status from the dealer or Honda.

Upgrading from a 2006 599 I've had for 10 years.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
When it comes to shipping bikes and getting them through customs, Honda USA seems to operate on Spanish time. Everything is mañana. I got the first 2018 bike in my area. I think it was the end of September that I finally picked it up. I ordered it as as soon as it was available for order, which I think was about April or May.

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000R; 2018 CBR1000RR SP
34 Posts
Yup, I agree.
I think my dream for a CB will not be fulfilled, at least, till next season.

·
Registered
775 Posts
yes i know , did not get why , looks for all 4 japs the same , US it´s a huge market (for few models even bigger than Europe)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got my bike today. 4 months later than expected, but I'm happy to finally have it.
Congrats! I assume, by the look of it, that this is the Black Edition and Michelin tires?
Which Michelin tires?
You paid MSRP or lower?

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R ABS BLACK EDITION
109 Posts
I believe there is 4 to 5 months of shipping delays "as in freight shipping" from the far east. Many far east ports were under lock down, which caused delays in cargo ships docking at the ports to pick up the cargo. About 1800 ships in line waiting to dock as per Bloomberg News. Santa can take some rest as well this year, as Christmas toys too will be delayed from the 3 busy ports from China 😭

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would not say the 2021's are widely available here in WA state, but it's no longer unavailable. They are here and nicely spaced out across the entire state.
I'm sure it's probably the same picture in other states.

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,712 Posts
Michelin Power 5

nice hoops! I was a Pirelli fanboy for a long time; then the Pilot Roads snagged me with their incredible combination of all-weather grip and durability; but now I'm even more happy on Powers! grippier, and seemingly no loss of all-weather grip. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, modern tires are just SOOOO frikkin good!

PS: great ride. you must be chuffed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts