Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the 2019 CB1000RA+ for a few weeks now, getting used to switches and settings with reading the owners manual. Its the first bike I've owned with a Torque Control switch and the ability to turn on/off and low/middle/high levels.
Can them in the know how please explain what it does and in what circumstances would you turn on/off and set the various low/middle/high levels.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Level 3 is the most intrusive. I guess you might want it in the rain or whenever else the roads might be slippery.

I always have it on level 1. I've never noticed It actually kick in. If you've been riding a while you should already have throttle control down and probably won't notice it either.

If you are heavy on the throttle you can still get power wheelies with torque control set to 1.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I'm grasping things.....So as in RAIN mode the torque level (level 3) is at a HIGH level to help the rear wheel from slipping? And if you don't mind the rear wheel spinning and a confident rider you would select SPORT mode (level 1) with torque level LOW or possibly turn OFF if on a race track?
Have I understood this correctly???

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Yep. But I've never felt the rear spin. And I'm not shy with the throttle. But the reality is you may feel the torque control cut power in 2 or 3 in the wet if you don't moderate throttle use.

Also you turn it off completely in User mode. But I've still never felt the rear spin.

·
Registered
100 Posts
torque control = traction control
level 1 allows a little bit of slip and wheelie.
level 2 will keep the front wheel down and prevent wheelies.
level 3 = never used it :)
on level 2, it's intrusive when taking off aggressively

happy revving

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks chaps for your input, it's all becoming clear now. I went out yesterday for a spin in Lincolnshire with a friend on a VFR800, he had trouble keeping up with me, a brilliant bike.

·
Registered
KTM and Kawasaki
11 Posts
Torque (or Traction) Control is a 'driver nanny' for people that can't or don't use reasonable driver skill to control adverse situations.

Rain mode will cut the engine power IF you forget its slick and don't use appropriate throttle control. Can you ride in the rain with it off? Sure but, just realize if you whack the throttle you're going to get a lot of wheel spin and could high side if it catches on the pavement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the same bike about a month ago. Its nice to have the trigger switch option for torque adjustment (I think only in user mode?) I havn't used it much but I guess it is for a quick change if a wet or other hazard is spotted? Has anyone ridden the 2018+ long enough to have it come in handy?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I only use the trigger to turn off TC on the track. Otherwise never touch it regardless of road conditions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I leave the bike in Sport. In heavy rain I use Normal. I don’t bother with the other settings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts