Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve taken delivery of my CB1000R and I’m loving it! I’ve looked through the manual and owners handbook but can’t for the life of me find the service schedule? How many miles till the first service and what is it there after?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi, I’ve taken delivery of my CB1000R and I’m loving it! I’ve looked through the manual and owners handbook but can’t for the life of me find the service schedule? How many miles till the first service and what is it there after?
600mls for 1st service not checked on next one it was the salesman who told me 600.
George r

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi crispy - the first service is at 600 its a fixed cost of £110 (includes labour, oil and filters), r&g have released the tail tidy why not get fixed at the same time?
andy

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi crispy - the first service is at 600 its a fixed cost of £110 (includes labour, oil and filters), r&g have released the tail tidy why not get fixed at the same time?
andy
was'nt fixed up here got charged £159 for first service the gits.
George.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats on getting the bike.
Found the schedule on page 81 of my manual, as others have said 600 miles. 2ACC0011-4EBD-4A22-AC20-6B31B4464C20.jpeg

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies :) £159 seems a bit steep for essentially an oil and filter change?!

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi georamage - you need to take the garage to task over this, the first service is subsidised by Honda uk, some years ago you only paid for the parts not the labour, its currently fixed at £110 and not a penny more!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi georamage - you need to take the garage to task over this, the first service is subsidised by Honda uk, some years ago you only paid for the parts not the labour, its currently fixed at £110 and not a penny more!!
Just so happens dealer satisfaction survey from honda popped in where I put down dissatisfaction with price also phoned honda cust
service who are going to look into it to be honest there will be some excuse and its down to individual dealers crap thrown back.
George r.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Honda uk phoned me after I complained about 1st service price basically dealers have there own rates
to charge and they knew nothing of a fixed price of £110 so as I expected.
George r

·
Registered
590 Posts
I paid AUD$220 for first service...

they changed the oil and filter (i marked filter to be sure)...
and they adjusted chain slack to ~20-mm ... spec is 40-50mm.... and one of the pinch bolts was looser than the other (not torqued to spec)
didn't even lube the chain, let-alone clean it... (they spruiked a long list of things they check and clean at first service... nup...)

and they did nothing else except stamp the service booklet.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I paid AUD$220 for first service...

they changed the oil and filter (i marked filter to be sure)...
and they adjusted chain slack to ~20-mm ... spec is 40-50mm.... and one of the pinch bolts was looser than the other (not torqued to spec)
didn't even lube the chain, let-alone clean it... (they spruiked a long list of things they check and clean at first service... nup...)

and they did nothing else except stamp the service booklet.
More of those half trained monkeys at work.-------:bad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts