Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Decided to do a nice easy job and replace the grips on my newly purcvhased CB1000R 2017. Ordered grips, nice bar end mirrors and mirror caps.

Noticed the old grips looked odd on the ends, a barend was missing but thought nothing of it, the grips felt short in my hand but as a new bike to me thought maybe thats stock. Asked once facebook and everyone said they look fine.....

Glue everywhere on the grips so cut them off as they looked awful, turns out was really stupid as it appears the bars and grips have been shorterned using a bread knife. Maybe the grips are shorter from the manufacturer?

My throttle grip wont fit unless I cut a locking part of the throttle tube off.

Anyone able to supply a link to a set of grips that are compatible with the throttle tube?

Any advice greatly received would rather not replace the throttle tube if I can help it.

Thank you

Ian

Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle handlebar

Automotive tire Input device Synthetic rubber Carbon Auto part

Rectangle Office supplies Cosmetics Auto part Font

Automotive tire Gas Synthetic rubber Cylinder Automotive design

·
Registered
873 Posts
Throttle tube from vrf1200 , direct swap , no knobbies . or simply cut them down

Reactions: iph007

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I have new grips thank you for the link to the part numbers, and they are too long !! no suprise as it appears the bars have been cut !! not by alot 7mm I think.. why I have no idea, how I would guess using a breadknife.

New bars or can I get some tube mounted on a bar end to support the grips..?

Ian

·
Registered
873 Posts
It was cutted cause the bar end mirror , if you replace the parts . you will have to figure out how to fit back them , not a big issue if you know how.
But , aking if you know how this bike , cause it´s normal if you have a gap area at the end of the grips , where oem bar weights are sitting .

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts