Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a NEWBIE and want to admit that UPFRONT so my current knowledge is limited.

Definitely in the learning and LISTENING stage here.

Can I get opinions on the pros and cons of the 2013 sp vs the 2018 sp?

Weight(wet weight please), street-ability (read comfort of one vs the other), ability to unlock additional power (ECU reflash results). Problems or reasons to choose one over the other.

I can buy locally a NEW 2018 for 19K OTD--OR--find a gently used but not abused 2013 model for quite a bit less and have extra cash for "improvements".

I'd like opinions / experiences between the two and of course please be honest-no punches pulled.

Background--I'm 65 and will not be doing track days or looking for top speed. Just want a nice refined semi comfy (I KNOW it's a sport bike) Honda sporty bike that handles well to use for fun.

Thanks for your time and the courtesy of your input.

Rick

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Rick i had a2012 1gen did 24k miles no problems at all I now have a 2019 bike. The Bad things on gen 1. Suspension was poor i'm 110 kg so a bit of a lump instruments not clear in the sun.narrow mirrors Good things the engine is a peach i read it's way down on power compared to the competition had plenty enough for me and most mortals. Riding position is very similar although the gen 1 seat is more comfy..Gen2 has all the gismos which makes it a safer m/c when you need it. I''m similar age as you .i change my bike every 3 yrs .In England a new 1 is £12500 ish 2013 would be 4/5k if you are on a budget gen 1is the way best value . I bought my 19 because i could.If you buy gen 1 i would not bother to alter much apart from the suspension as they are both really good at what you call street ability .Me if you think your short of 5bhp or so go get an mt10 .I came back to Honda for the quality of the product. Had 18 BMW S100r for a while great suspension and power .very poor build quality engine sounded like a bag of nails . have fun whichever you choose.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
He's asking about the SP versions of FireBlade, not about the CB1000R.
At the OP's age he would be FAR better off with the CB 1,000 R than the fireblade.

Not worried about top speed so it has to be acceleration.---;)

Not a lot between the CB and the Fireblade at road legal speeds.

Fireblade---comfort ?????? No, it'll do in his aging back and wrists.---:D

Buy in haste, repent in leisure springs to mind.---------------:shake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts