Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Someone say over 215 , but i don´t remember who was .... :rolleyes:
I've recently installed a Woolich Autotune to my CBR '17. After overwriting the ECU with a mapshare downloaded from their site and having completed the 5th Autotune run, I can honestly say this bike is now quite a handful. Substantial difference from stock. If Honda were to bring out a future model with over 215HP stock, wow I'd like to see it, I think Honda actually needs it.

BTW, I have managed to read the ECU on my 2018 NSC CB1000R coincidentally and managed to upload it to Woolich so hopefully they can reverse engineer the bin file and locate maps and settings etc. Woolich have stated that the 2018 NSC model has been added to the development schedule and will be looked at in the future. Hopefully very soonish :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I gotta say, I didnt really care for the bike when it first came out. It has definitely grown on me. I really like it now. Is it night a day difference between 1 and 2 gen as far as power and handling?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Got out today for a nice little ride [and with the current weather I'll be out again for the next 3 days with a bit of luck:D]
Here's a couple of pictures, got a Yoshi tail tidy now as well as black V Trec levers and a silver Pro bolt oil filler cap -it's the little details that matter. :)
Dave. I saw that you looked in not long ago but it's ages since you posted anything. Are you OK, what with this virus and all ?

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Dave. I saw that you looked in not long ago but it's ages since you posted anything. Are you OK, what with this virus and all ?
Hi mate,

Sorry I've only just seen your post - all is well thanks ! I'm just so busy with work that I end up knackered in the evenings, not getting any younger I suppose. :) I'm going to make the effort and post some more on here.

Reactions: COLVERT

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Hi mate,

Sorry I've only just seen your post - all is well thanks ! I'm just so busy with work that I end up knackered in the evenings, not getting any younger I suppose. :) I'm going to make the effort and post some more on here.
This new look forum is a bit odd. Lardy, who hasn't posted for years is admin.

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It is quite different for sure, I'm just looking round and catching up a bit.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Now you've caught up how do you like your promotion ??

One of your cohorts is Lardy . The others haven't posted for months/ years and don't even own a Honda now. Who or what is running this place ?????-- Incredible lack of interest by the owners.

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Haha I know as much as you on that mate, the trouble is being so busy with my work which also eats into the evenings sometimes and I don't have the time/energy to keep up with everything.Someone must be maintaining the site though.

Reactions: COLVERT

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Haha I know as much as you on that mate, the trouble is being so busy with my work which also eats into the evenings sometimes and I don't have the time/energy to keep up with everything.Someone must be maintaining the site though.
Probably a BOT in control .Lol. At least I'm not getting any human reactions to my questions.-🚾

Reactions: Dave H

·
Registered
416 Posts
Dave, as you have both models and have done for quite sometime, how do they compare?
Be interested to know your thoughts?
thanks.

·
Administrator
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ok mate, well my '08 is more linear in the power delivery but it builds steady and strong as the revs rise with no noticeable 'dips' in the progress. It has an 'old' PC III, BMC air filter and Akra can with de-cat and fuelling seems spot on, sounds lovely too. It handles very well and is really nice to ride having 'fine tuned' suspension settings over the years- so it's comfortable but firm . I still love this bike and at least 7 out of 10 people who comment prefer the look to the NSC !
The newer CB has a much stronger feel from 6-7k revs, more sportsbike like with a definite top end 'rush' - although there was a horrible lag between say 4-5k rpm until I fitted the Rapidbike - which has improved that drastically.
So it feels a bit more of a beast and lighter too. Again the handling is very good although a little harsher over bumps, but I'm still fiddling around with that a bit - and you need quite a while to get to grips with all the features of the fancy dash. The overall quality is as good as anything I've seen although the tank paint could be very easily scratched if you're not very careful, but it's a superb bike in my opinion.
I try to share the miles equally between then - although I also have my 1980 CB250RS project all but finished as well.
But that's another story. :)

Reactions: HondaMark

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ok mate, well my '08 is more linear in the power delivery but it builds steady and strong as the revs rise with no noticeable 'dips' in the progress. It has an 'old' PC III, BMC air filter and Akra can with de-cat and fuelling seems spot on, sounds lovely too. It handles very well and is really nice to ride having 'fine tuned' suspension settings over the years- so it's comfortable but firm . I still love this bike and at least 7 out of 10 people who comment prefer the look to the NSC !
The newer CB has a much stronger feel from 6-7k revs, more sportsbike like with a definite top end 'rush' - although there was a horrible lag between say 4-5k rpm until I fitted the Rapidbike - which has improved that drastically.
So it feels a bit more of a beast and lighter too. Again the handling is very good although a little harsher over bumps, but I'm still fiddling around with that a bit - and you need quite a while to get to grips with all the features of the fancy dash. The overall quality is as good as anything I've seen although the tank paint could be very easily scratched if you're not very careful, but it's a superb bike in my opinion.
I try to share the miles equally between then - although I also have my 1980 CB250RS project all but finished as well.
But that's another story. :)
Thank you for the information, much appreciated (y)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts