Introducing: The new and improved HondaCB1000R.com team - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    get rid of some of the lrrelevant dead wood that's all. Up to date bikes and up to date forum.
    I think you have a point to some extent pal. The problem comes in deciding what is irrelevant.

There are still plenty of members like yourself who own the "older" (and in my opinion better) CB1000R.

And there's such a wealth of info on here which is still relevant and helpful to many.

It would be a hell of a task trawling through everything and deciding what is and isn't useful.

Back in the founding days of Antnee and Dan the forum was just the one site.

Our current overlords are responsible for other sites also and while ever this forum is "self policing" I can't see them changing anything.

Keep enjoying your riding mate - what is it 82 years young next time ?

You're an inspiration to us all

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    New and important announcements.-------

We've just got a Trump look-a-like as prime minister----BORIS JOHNSON------

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    COULDN'T STOP MYSELF FROM SAYING THIS AGAIN. LOL

A mod, a mod, a mod, a mod that's what I want to be.
    From the time I first discovered them they've fascinated me.

Mods rule us 'erks' with a rod of steel, a rod from which there's no appeal.
    They 'pick us up', they 'put us down', they tell us 'this' and 'that',
    but when we try to answer back they 'have us on the mat'.
    I need this rod placed in my hand to tell someone, "NO !! you've been banned".

I've hinted, ranted, even squinted all with no effect.
    I'd change my name to 'bladey' if they would me select.

So on I go my weary way with not a hope in hell,
    but guys if you select me I promise not to tell.

Signed.---- A Nonny Moose.
    I've waited over 7 years--------I guess my poem's not going to work.---

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    COULDN'T STOP MYSELF FROM SAYING THIS AGAIN. LOL

A mod, a mod, a mod, a mod that's what I want to be.
    From the time I first discovered them they've fascinated me.

Mods rule us 'erks' with a rod of steel, a rod from which there's no appeal.
    They 'pick us up', they 'put us down', they tell us 'this' and 'that',
    but when we try to answer back they 'have us on the mat'.
    I need this rod placed in my hand to tell someone, "NO !! you've been banned".

I've hinted, ranted, even squinted all with no effect.
    I'd change my name to 'bladey' if they would me select.

So on I go my weary way with not a hope in hell,
    but guys if you select me I promise not to tell.

Signed.---- A Nonny Moose.
    Seven years on and still not working.---And I thought my poem would crack it.----

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trevloc View Post
    New and important announcements.-------

We've just got a Trump look-a-like as prime minister----BORIS JOHNSON------
    if he owns a CB1000R, he's welcome; otherwise... piss off, matey... we've got our own show going on in here.
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaCB1000R.com View Post
    A long, LONG time ago, Dan and Ant decided that it was too much for the two of them to run the site and they appointed a number of moderators to help with the day-to-day running of the site and keep an eye on the many posts created every day. Since then, the only changes to the moderator team have been when people have stopped visiting the site as they've moved on. Now, the only active moderator is Dave H, and while he's doing an excellent job, the site has grown phenomenally since he was appointed and it's all a bit too much for such a small team.

To help to develop the site further, for the benefit of all, we decided that we need a council of members who have a wide-range of opinions on how things are handled and don't necessarily all subscribe to the opinion that Dan, Ant and Dave have been doing a perfect job. So, we approached a number of members, and we're pleased to announce that most agreed to join us to help keep the site on track for the benefit of everyone here. The admin team will consult with the council before making any significant decisions and likewise the council will provide feedback to the administrators if they disagree with the way that something is handled. What we're establishing is a diplomatic voice for the members, and the council are authorised to over-rule any decision or policy established by the admin team, new and old, where a majority vote is cast.

The council also has a second role, and that is of moderator. All councillors are authorised to edit, move, lock or delete posts and threads as necessary, in the same way that the admin team and moderators always have. It's rare that we do as we prefer a hands-off approach, but while that policy has served us well in the past, it is far from perfect. We hope that with the wider opinion of the council that we'll be able to get a better idea of how the site needs to be developed, and how to handle any issues that arise. In some cases this will mean more action than we currently take, whereas in others it will mean less.

The council members are by no means fixed, in that any can step down at any time, and others can be appointed also. There is no fixed number of council seats; we may add many more, yet we may reduce numbers again as people move on.

So, who are the team now?

• Dan - Site founder and Administrator[/*:m]
    • Antnee - Administrator[/*:m]
    • Dave H - Senior Moderator[/*:m]
    • Gargoyle - Councillor and Moderator[/*:m]
    • Jon.F - Councillor and Moderator[/*:m]
    • Lardy - Councillor and Moderator[/*:m]
    • Squidger - Councillor and Moderator[/*:m]
    • The Gamekeeper - Councillor and Moderator[/*:m]
    • FBG - Councillor and Moderator[/*:m]
    • Mel B - Councillor and Moderator[/*:m]

Like your local government, you should be able to approach a councillor and ask that they represent any issue that you have in front of the greater council, if you so choose. You can still report a post that you think is inappropriate by clicking the in the corner of every post, or you can go directly to a councillor. Even if your problem is with a councillor, or an administrator. That's why we have a team and aren't trying to handle everything ourselves.

I hope you'll join us in welcoming the new team, and in giving them your every support. For many, this is a completely new experience and they'll take a steady start, rather than hitting the ground running. We're just glad to have them all on board

all
    I'd love to have the good old days back but most of the folk on this list have disappeared with hardly a whimper.---Very sad to see.---

Be very nice if they just popped in from time to time even to just say HELLO.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Its still a good poem though!
    Watch out for them tractors!

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Furygan View Post
    Its still a good poem though!
    I've some other good ones but not sure they are clean enough to post on here with the new management. Not like the good old days.---
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links