Navigation on CB1000R - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    As can be seen in the post above, this is how I've had my Garmin sat nav fitted to my NSC for one year now.

From riding position the sat nav screen and my clocks are aligned so that neither is obstructed.
    I much prefer the sat nav mounted centrally, as opposed to high up on the right handlebar, as I had it on my previous bike.

Due to having 20mm of rise on my handlebars you can see that instead of the neat Honda handlebar clamp "bridge" I have fitted the clamps that came with my SW Motech risers.

I do intend to fit the Honda clamp back on, as I think it looks far better, but my current arrangement enables me to fit a u-bolt around the centre of the handlebar to secure the sat nav mount. Not possible to mount in this way with the original Honda item fitted.

There is a £35 sat nav fitting bracket for sale on eBay UK designed for the Honda handlebar clamps bridge that I shall buy.

Member #
    Many Thanks for the pics and the infos... !

I will have a look at ebay for it... will come back later with pics when I've installed!!
    Gero
    ------------------------
    2018 Honda CB1000R NSC

Member #
    Here's a link to the sat nav mount bracket I mentioned for the NSC on eBay UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRUUDT-na...r/392221599860

£33.50 + £2.50 p&p

Just noticed, the seller's location is Germany, so you may be able to buy it cheaper GeroHH
    Last edited by DouglasRamsey; 11-05-2019 at 08:45 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I've used RAM mounts many times. They work well enough, but they offer little security.
    I made my own rail for the Hornet, and have used a Touratech lockable mount.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DouglasRamsey View Post
    Here's a link to the sat nav mount bracket I mentioned for the NSC on eBay UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRUUDT-na...r/392221599860

£33.50 + £2.50 p&p

Just noticed, the seller's location is Germany, so you may be able to buy it cheaper GeroHH
    that is exactly what I ordered :-) The Company is based in Germany... hope it fits well.... it was 38,90€ so not so much cheaper :-) but hey ho...
    Gero
    ------------------------
    2018 Honda CB1000R NSC

Member #
    Hi All, and a belated Happy New Year to all on the Forum!!

I know that we all have our own experiences and preferences - I personally like the Quad Lock system. I have a case specific to my phone and it is generally used as the only case, it provides protection and is not overly bulky. The Quad Lock mounts, whilst not cheap, are easy to use and very secure and I have tested on both mountain and motor bike applications..

Due to a very generous Elf I have the new USB power socket. I have wired this into the Accessory connector behind the headlight, so the installation is neat, reversible and convenient.. I have yet to test on a ride but the 'garage' test proves it works well.

I hope this is helpful to someone.... anyone...

Name:  20200108_174722.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  608.3 KB
    Name:  20200108_174731.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  606.4 KB

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stooch View Post
    Hi All, and a belated Happy New Year to all on the Forum!!

I know that we all have our own experiences and preferences - I personally like the Quad Lock system. I have a case specific to my phone and it is generally used as the only case, it provides protection and is not overly bulky. The Quad Lock mounts, whilst not cheap, are easy to use and very secure and I have tested on both mountain and motor bike applications..

Due to a very generous Elf I have the new USB power socket. I have wired this into the Accessory connector behind the headlight, so the installation is neat, reversible and convenient.. I have yet to test on a ride but the 'garage' test proves it works well.

I hope this is helpful to someone.... anyone...

I had the same before... I've used the Quad Lock for my iPhone7. But after changing to iPhone11 it was a nightmare!

The vibration of the CB1000R is so special that the camera module broke. I changed the iPhone 2x until I realized it was due to the vibrations!
    With the iPhone 7 there were no problems.

So please be careful when using an iPhone 11 on the CB1000R!

That's why I change to a TomTom Navigation System and the mount is also not bulky (will place a picture later)
    Last edited by GeroHH; 01-09-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    Gero
    ------------------------
    2018 Honda CB1000R NSC

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    i'm with you less distance to move your hand to operate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links