Navigation on CB1000R - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    As can be seen in the post above, this is how I've had my Garmin sat nav fitted to my NSC for one year now.

From riding position the sat nav screen and my clocks are aligned so that neither is obstructed.
    I much prefer the sat nav mounted centrally, as opposed to high up on the right handlebar, as I had it on my previous bike.

Due to having 20mm of rise on my handlebars you can see that instead of the neat Honda handlebar clamp "bridge" I have fitted the clamps that came with my SW Motech risers.

I do intend to fit the Honda clamp back on, as I think it looks far better, but my current arrangement enables me to fit a u-bolt around the centre of the handlebar to secure the sat nav mount. Not possible to mount in this way with the original Honda item fitted.

There is a £35 sat nav fitting bracket for sale on eBay UK designed for the Honda handlebar clamps bridge that I shall buy.

Member #
    Many Thanks for the pics and the infos... !

I will have a look at ebay for it... will come back later with pics when I've installed!!
    Gero
    ------------------------
    2018 Honda CB1000R NSC

Member #
    Here's a link to the sat nav mount bracket I mentioned for the NSC on eBay UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRUUDT-na...r/392221599860

£33.50 + £2.50 p&p

Just noticed, the seller's location is Germany, so you may be able to buy it cheaper GeroHH
    Last edited by DouglasRamsey; 11-05-2019 at 09:45 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I've used RAM mounts many times. They work well enough, but they offer little security.
    I made my own rail for the Hornet, and have used a Touratech lockable mount.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DouglasRamsey View Post
    Here's a link to the sat nav mount bracket I mentioned for the NSC on eBay UK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRUUDT-na...r/392221599860

£33.50 + £2.50 p&p

Just noticed, the seller's location is Germany, so you may be able to buy it cheaper GeroHH
    that is exactly what I ordered :-) The Company is based in Germany... hope it fits well.... it was 38,90€ so not so much cheaper :-) but hey ho...
    Gero
    ------------------------
    2018 Honda CB1000R NSC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links