my thoughts on full akra + rapid bike - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    I'm extremely disappointed with DynoJet and the extremely slow development of the fuelling solution for the NSC. They had my bike over a year ago as a test base. Essentially nothing has happened other than a few dyno runs.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the Rapid Bike module. I've now heard nothing but good feedback about it. I think it could be the way forward for me too. Just so you know I have a full Akra exhaust system (with the Road end can that does come with a db baffle. It is secured with a bolt that has a small tack weld. It can be removed but a hole needs to be drilled into the carbon cap to access it). Full system and end can with the baffle installed has a great sound. Not particularly loud at all. I've done 400 mile days and sound has not been an issue.

Where did you get your Rapid Bike module from?
    the akra road end can should arrive in 2 weeks time. no plans in removing the baffle.
    I got the controller from Rapid Bike US website

Quote Originally Posted by PiersD
    I have the exact same setup as you - the full Akra system with the Road end can. I don't seem to have any fuelling issues, from a throttle action perspective, but mine does seem to run a little rich... I smell of gasoline/oil after a decent run, especially my riding jeans. Akra has a CPU map for the full system, but my dealer doesn't have the gear to remap the ECU. Anyone had that done?
    all you need is Rapid Bike. no remap available for our bike yet.
    spun out '

Member #
    I was sure I'd seen something on the Akropovic site about a map for their exhaust....

Its here - its a downloadable map for the Rapid Bike Evo.

Member #
    you are right.
    i meant no map for re-flashing the ecu
    spun out '

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have reinstalled the Rapid Bike + akra headers and long muffler.
    the most important thing was to bring down the sound and the baffled muffler does a great job.
    compared to the small akra can,, it's day n night.

1. stock: silent (3/10)
    2. stock headers + short muffler: great usual civilized I4 sound (5/10)
    3. akra headers + short muffler: obnoxious (%#[email protected]/10)
    4. akra headers + long muffler with db killer: quieter than i anticipated, little louder than option 2. but the sound is not like a usual I4. there is some trumpet noise. (7/10)

done 200 miles with the new setup and loving it. great smooth fueling all over the rev range.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    spun out '

Member #
    7/10 sounds like a good number to work with

Member #
    I have the akra headers + short can + rapidbike. It is like you say, loud, very loud, a bit too loud really. It’s the exhaust drone along the highway which gets me, to the point I’m considering the longer akra can, but I do like the look of the shorter one and just can’t justify dropping another $1k AUD or so on replacing it

Member #
    Go faster then the noise will be way behind ya.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links