Traded The ‘18 NSC
    Member #

Traded The ‘18 NSC

Not coming to bash the NSC but for me the missing mid-range was a significant issue. Coming off of a Tuono V4 left
    a big hole. The previous gen also had a better mid-range. Rest of the bike was very good but wasn’t enough to hold me.

Traded it for a new ‘18 MT10 which I have really connected with and pulls like the Tuono.

Wishing the best for the NSC and the forum.
    Name:  IMG_0158.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  613.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Yamaha MT10
    2017 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
    2003 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird

Member #
    I suppose the experience of performance of any bike is always in context to the experience of previous bikes. I went to the NSC from a Triumph Street Triple and it's a huge step forwards in performance, speed, refinement....everything. But, if you're reference is one of the most powerful and beautifully handling naked bikes available then I can see that the gap in the mid-range could be a problem.

Mine with the full akra system and the DynoJet solution on the horizon it'll be all the bike I need...until my reference point changes!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I suppose the experience of performance of any bike is always in context to the experience of previous bikes. I went to the NSC from a Triumph Street Triple and it's a huge step forwards in performance, speed, refinement....everything. But, if you're reference is one of the most powerful and beautifully handling naked bikes available then I can see that the gap in the mid-range could be a problem.

Mine with the full akra system and the DynoJet solution on the horizon it'll be all the bike I need...until my reference point changes!
    Crispy, have you gotten any updated numbers from Dynojet from their tuning? I saw your dyno graphs showing so higher power around 146ish. Is that the final tune you're going to be running?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    Crispy, have you gotten any updated numbers from Dynojet from their tuning? I saw your dyno graphs showing so higher power around 146ish. Is that the final tune you're going to be running?
    The final numbers will be that as far as I know. The tuning may be a little different as that was their first go. They might tweak and perfect it before it's made available.

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    So no significant change since January?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    So no significant change since January?
    No changes as such but lots of work trying to get the system to work correctly with the Honda CB1000R closes loop. Richard came by my place whilst DynoJet were at the British Superbikes at Donington with the new piece of kit and read off the stock data and mapping information. Everything went well. This should now be homeward run and a production version of the device should be soon.

One thing I have learnt about DynoJet is that they are fastidious and a product has to be 100% for them to release it. Respect for that I reckon

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangor View Post
    Not coming to bash the NSC but for me the missing mid-range was a significant issue. Coming off of a Tuono V4 left
    a big hole. The previous gen also had a better mid-range. Rest of the bike was very good but wasn’t enough to hold me.

Traded it for a new ‘18 MT10 which I have really connected with and pulls like the Tuono.

Wishing the best for the NSC and the forum.
    Had my MT10 nearly three years now and still in love with it. A bike would have to be pretty special to tempt me to part with it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine Tangor

Member #
    Thanks! Have 720 miles on it from over the weekend. I chased a friend on his H2 SX for 200 miles of curves in southern Missouri and the MT handled it easily. The MT is everything I’ve been looking for how I ride.

QUOTE=Geordie;291156]Had my MT10 nearly three years now and still in love with it. A bike would have to be pretty special to tempt me to part with it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine Tangor [/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Yamaha MT10
    2017 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
    2003 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird

Member #
    The MT10 is a weapon.
    Took one out, absolutely loved it.
    Just couldn't bring myself to buy it.
    Looked too much like a smashed crab.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post

Crispy, I finally bit the bullet and bought the full Akra system. I even spent the time to carefully drill out the rivets and pop the stupid scilencer free. I too have been following your posts on the PC. What is the expected feel gain out of this upgrade when Dynojet has it ready? Is it mostly going to be a small power bump or are they really working hard to massage the mid range on the bike. I love the bike, and really don't feel any problems with the fueling other than there is that dip. Its not killer, but I do find when I really punch it there just isn't what I expected out of that big 1000 block. What have they communicated to you they are trying to fix? I have spoken to Rapid bike a bit as well. They specifically worked with Akra to put out a fuel controller to work with that full system. It is also an auto adjusting fuel controller right out of the box, so I have really been wanting to see what is going to be the best option for the bike.

Sponsored Links