Akrapovic Slip on w/o DB killer
    Member #

Akrapovic Slip on w/o DB killer

Hello to anyone who has the Akra long style can on their CBs. Have you taken the time to get the tip off the silencer and get a video of it running. I am concerned about the Full akra system being too loud with the long can, however I see so many videos with slip ons with that GIANT CAT can under the bike which just muffles the exhaust so much.

Most videos I see of the Akra can with the DB killer (which is welded in) and the stock headers sounds damn near the same as stock. I would hate to spend 700 dollars on something that just looks different.

Member #
    I have the full Akra system and Akra Road slip on. I kept the DB killer in and in my opinion the sound is just right. Without the DB killer it'd be very loud

Member #
    I owned a 2014 CB1000R and purchased the Akrapovic exhaust with a cat eliminator. I took the DB killer out and it sounded great IMO. Posted below are two of my videos.

Before the exhaust was installed:

A long video of how the exhaust sounds riding down the road...nice to hear it in normal riding conditions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I ended up just going full system. Considering I have my CB500x to still have as a commuter and more subdued bike I decided it was time to go with something bit more fun. I was able to get the Euro 4 can apart carefully rip out the silencer and rebuild with the proper rivets and man am I glad I did. Here in the States, especially the Midwest where Harleys reign supreme, no one is too worried about government noise regulations. When I first turned the bike on I was worried it would be deafening but the idle really threw me off. As soon as you start cruising everything is very calm with no real drone in the helmet. Get on it and man does that thing bark. I can't say enough about the exhaust. I prefer it over the Arrow as far as looks and the fit and finish cant be beat. Name:  58079246600__D0561F04-4823-460E-8D05-AACC92F44DAD.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  1.45 MBName:  IMG_8653.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  1.97 MBName:  IMG_8651.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  2.93 MBName:  IMG_8665.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  2.02 MBName:  IMG_8664.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  2.01 MBName:  IMG_8666.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  2.11 MB

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I have the full Akra system and Akra Road slip on. I kept the DB killer in and in my opinion the sound is just right. Without the DB killer it'd be very loud
    Totally agree, I have the full system, with the muffler still in - you wouldn’t want to take it out. Unless you want to be deaf within the year...

Member #
    I am incredibly surprised how not droning and screaming it is. When I first started it cold after install it had a pretty loud roar, but only until the warm up revs dropped. Cruising I find it really dosnt drone at all in the helmet, you can hear it, but it dosnt scream. On the highway without being under power, just cruising its just an audible hum, but when you get on it, it comes alive. I can say it was a gamble to remove it (not that you cant put it back in without some work), but I am very happy I did. To Each his own I know, but ill say, if anyone has the full system, you would be surprised how it isn't horribly deafening.
    I was able to find videos both ways and from the vids it just seemed like everything was that much deeper with it out which is why I went that route.

Sponsored Links