Honda CB1000R Forum banner

CB1000R NSC luggage options

43K views 84 replies 24 participants last post by  Motozoic 
#1 ·
I'd be very interested in seeing and reading about what you guys have managed with regard to luggage options on the NSC.

Tank bags - other than the tiny Honda jobbie, what, with a decent capacity, is known to fit ?

Rear seat bags - again, other than the 15 litre (22 litre fully expanded) Honda seat bag, what has been proven to fit and work well ?

Panniers - tricky given the design of our bike, but what, if anything, has been fitted safely ?

I had a look at SHAD hard cases at the NEC show the other day and would very much like to go with a pair of those, if only they can engineer some sort of rack to fit the NSC.

#2 ·
There’s a couple of threads on this already.

Have the Honda tailback and find it is great quality and pretty big.

i have the Shad box that fits to a passenger seat mount for the previous model CB1000R. I hoped I would have been able to swap it to the 2018 model, but it doesn’t fit, and I doubt it could be modified to fit. Shame, because it was a good size for storing helmet and jacket when parked, and could carry a lot of stuff on longer trips.

#23 ·
SW Motec has some new luggage options: sw-motech.com/en/bike/HONDA/CB1000R/2018/SC80/products/

However, I do not understand why they offer the
BLAZE H saddlebag set for the SC60 but not for the SC80. In my eyes this is the only option that looks not too bad.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

#25 ·
A new luggage option from Q-Bag. Fits exactly the size of the back seat. But can't recommend since the zipper does not close 360 degree and the whole shit is not stable enough. Can't use it without expander. Not the quality I expected.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

#26 ·
I purchased the SW Motech Drybag 700 to use on my trip to Spain in a couple of months time.

It is huge and offers 70 litre capacity. Not had a chance to fill it with clothes (to give shape) and try it on the bike yet.

I also bought the tail bag (15 litre / 22 litre extended) and tank bag (3 litre) Honda designed especially for the NSC.

Well pleased with the tail bag. I used it on my 200 mile + trip to Aberystwyth yesterday. Great for days out but not big enough for my trip to Spain.

#27 ·
I am planing a 10 days trip with some friends to the Pyrenees 1st week in June. I will be fine with the Q-tail-bag and my old IXS tank bag. Talked to a women from SW Motech today about the blaze sattle bags. She confirmed that they do not give this option for the NSC. It my well be, that the exhaust can end is to close to the bags.

This post has been deleted
#36 ·
Onizuka's camping setup

Backpack Bag Baggage Hand luggage Luggage and bags
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Motor vehicle

Went camping last weekend, here's my setup for carrying a good amount. SW Motech CargoBag, and their mating Tent Bag. Also used a Cortech magnetic tank bag, as my old quick lock SW-Motech bag doesn't work on this tank, since the gas fill cap is so far forward. This setup worked really well, had plenty of space for all the necessities, plus room for extra clothes or carrying food as needed. Everything stayed on the bike nicely, even went up and down the really twisting Mt. Hamilton at a brisk pace, and everything felt good.

#42 ·
Design of this bag gives far greater safety, and therefore peace of mind, over any other roll type bag on the market, as it sits, pannier style, either side of the bike.
Means you don't have to worry about it sliding sideways, and then into your back wheel, without you noticing as you ride along.

Land vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Transport Motor vehicle

#76 ·
Design of this bag gives far greater safety, and therefore peace of mind, over any other roll type bag on the market, as it sits, pannier style, either side of the bike.
Means you don't have to worry about it sliding sideways, and then into your back wheel, without you noticing as you ride along.

View attachment 46684
I see that you attached the front straps to the passenger footpegs which is great. Where did you attach the straps on the back side of the bag?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.