Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Rear Paddock Stand

49K views 88 replies 23 participants last post by  Fatfree83 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Does anybody know the correct spigot size for a rear paddock stand for the 2018 CB1KR

TIA
:book

This post has been deleted
#32 ·
so no ABBA stands in Aus. (shipping likely about same as the stand itself!)
Kaneg do a Bursig style lift and skylift..

frame hoist of shock points is still doable..

but maybe all i need for chain cleaning is a long high strength, and weld up a bit of a frame. (ed:: but swingarm bolt seems internally tapered?)
something between Abba and this :p

View attachment 44828
Problem is the internal hole (sorry, don't know the technical word) has different diameter along as someone posted before. As a result, I don't think something like in that pic would correctly fit.

Nevertheless I ordered an ABBA like center stand, I think it's okay for the purpose.

#34 ·
Reply received back from Pit Bull:

We’re going to a motorcycle show during the second week of October, so we’ll know more by then. It looks like it will be a difficult fit. I took some measurements at a show in February but that bike was pre-production. Maybe it’ll be easier on the production model.

George F Hoffman

General Manager

Pit Bull Products, Inc.

256-533-1977

Don’t run with the pack…Lead it!

#36 ·
I bought the Constands version, not the ABBA version ��
Sorry, my mistake. I search for Constands Rear stand for 2018 CB1000R and I found this product : https://shop.constands.com/en/paddock-stands/rear-stand/constands-rear-paddock-stand-honda-cb-1000-r-08-18-black-mat-single-swing-arm-adaptor-incl-i4011-35720-0.htm
You have purchased this product, didn't you? Does it fit with 2018 cb1000r? I read in product descriptions, it use different adapter for different version.

#39 ·
Got my new paddock stand , easy to see difference between the old 28 mm one and the new
Red Bicycle part Bmx bike Bicycle Vehicle

#44 ·
I ended up buying the R&G stand and pin myself, it seems to work fine. Exercise equipment Exercise machine Bench Vehicle

It's a bit fiddly to attach with the plastic bit on the end of the pin, but it seems to work. The stand itself is a bit shaky and nowhere as solid as the Pit Bull single sided stands, but it seems to hold up fine so far.

#46 ·
I ended up buying the R&G stand and pin myself, it seems to work fine. View attachment 46418
It's a bit fiddly to attach with the plastic bit on the end of the pin, but it seems to work. The stand itself is a bit shaky and nowhere as solid as the Pit Bull single sided stands, but it seems to hold up fine so far.
Would you be able to remove rear wheel if you had to with the R&g set up.
Can you measure diameter of bit that goes into stand please.
Thanks

#48 ·
I have the same set-up.

The reason it works fine is that it allows the use of a conventional paddock stand which is supporting the wheel / back end of the bike on both sides.

Have removed mine at the moment, don't like the look of it permanently in place, and it needs to be removed when they take my rear wheel off next week to change the tyre.

I intend to source a metal bolt / rod of the same diameter as the R&G spindle, but slightly longer, having a bolt head on one end and a thread on the other.

When I want to get the bike up on the paddock stand it will be a one minute job to insert the bolt, with R&G bobbins in place, and tighten the threaded end using a butterfly bolt.

Perfect

#51 ·
When I want to get the bike up on the paddock stand it will be a one minute job to insert the bolt, with R&G bobbins in place, and tighten the threaded end using a butterfly bolt.

Perfect
How do you drop the wheel out while it's up on the bobbins?

I'm using an ABBA at the moment.
Works well enough, but it's a clumsy arrangement.
Nothing beats the simplicity of a paddock stand that you can just throw into the hub and lever the bike up.
I have a SS Harris, and will be turning a pin & sleeve to fit once I have the correct dimensions.

#57 · (Edited)
Ok,after recent problems with the stand reported on social.Here is my story...
Barracuda - RUBBISH ,pins are faulty and can brake.Also stand is very very unstable.I've returned my after changing 2 pins,first one was badly machined , had hexagonal shape and was bent from bad CNC process ,the second pin was very different,just normal round shape,after 2 MONTH WAITING FOR NEW PIN Guess what...The new pin had a big crack after I've used it only 2 times ,returned the rubbish to the shop...ridiculous
Another guy posted on facebook completely broken pin,luckily the bike didn't fall over his leg or something.

BikeLift stand ,ordered as exchange for Barracuda,can't get money refund because of long time waiting this option has expired.Came with wrong pin,was for the previous CB. Took nearly 2 more month to get the right pin they had to manufacture them.They have sold a product they never had in stock,great job!
Was going to pickup the new pin and the stand from the shop ,but seen pictures on facebook of people having similar issue like Barracuda,pin is strong ,but to thin,also the stand is not stable.So rejected the stand.Bike has bad lean ,not stable,pin might get bent with use.
Not only manufacturers fault,HONDA made the hole for the pin to thin,only 18mm previous model and other bikes with single sided swingarm have at least 24mm or more.

So,just get ABBA stands or similar,like Skylifts,etc...All other options are not safe,bike wobbles like jelly,pins go bent or broken.

Regards,sorry for the long story but FFS have the bike since january and still without stand!

#59 ·
Regards,sorry for the long story but FFS have the bike since january and still without stand!
No problem!

Honda created the problem, even dealers are having difficulty.
I have contacted Honda Japan. (Just got bounced back to the UK)
Asked local dealer, Bill Smiths Chester, who told be they use the sidestand and a trolley jack under the engine...FFS?!?!
Finally had a response from Japan, they suggested a hoist. Seriously. You couldn't make this shit up.
The fact that this hasn't been thought through at design stage is a fu*king disgrace. Wan*ers.

And dont get me started on manuals..or the lack of them.
They can shove Maris up their arse.

Annnnnnd breathe.........

#65 ·
You need to able to spin the wheel to check for any tight spots in the chain. If the chain is used it is normal to get tight spots.---You find the tightest spot and adjust the chain there.---That way you know the chain will never become rigid between the sprockets overloading the shaft bearings and accelerating chain and sprocket wear.

#66 · (Edited)
This 100%......

I know this is months later, but you should adjust the chain on the side stand. If you use a paddock stand on the rear wheel and adjust the chain, you're keeping the axle stationary(stand) and cranking the whole bike back and forth. Remember- your axle is your point of adjustment, so when you run a stand, that is now immovable. You're rolling the whole bike on the front wheel. This will put a lot more stress on the spanner tabs. It's also MUCH harder to turn the adjuster like this so I don't know what other forces are at play it wasn't designed to take.

Put it in neutral and put it on the side stand, that way all you're doing is allowing the rear wheel to turn a little.
Whu...?????
Can you re-do that in English please?....It's mostly incomprehensible.

#68 ·
Are there spanner tabs on the newest CBs ??

On my older model there's just one locking bolt.

Unless your chain was super loose when you started adjusting it there is virtually no movement of the bikes front wheel during adjustment.

If there was this kind of problem I'm sure that Honda would have high-lighted it in the bikes hand book.-------:book

This is the first time I've heard of this in my 10 years on this forum.------:notme

#71 ·
And I won't disagree, I haven't really had major issues, but I did notice that the effort required to adjust the chain is substantially higher on a paddock stand or in gear than on a side stand in Neutral. Without the correct spanner tool as well, you will struggle a little more on a high mileage bike with less than perfect cleanliness mucking up the job!

I just focus on making the job require the least amount of stress and effort on tools/fasteners.