Rear Paddock Stand - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Member #
    Ordered a ConStand ,very similar to ABBA,less price and shipping from Germany,cheaper in my case.And no € to Pounds rate difference and commissions.

Member #
    I have an ABBA that I'm currently using.
    Works well enough I suppose, but it's a pain in the arse to use after paddock stands..

Member #
    I have a ConStand and I'm very pleased with him... easy to use and very handy..

won't miss him....
    Gero
    ------------------------
    2018 Honda CB1000R NSC

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DouglasRamsey View Post
    I don't, I just put the back end up on the stand to adjust the chain, although I was told at my local dealer the chain slack Honda specify is with a rider sat on the bike.
    I know this is months later, but you should adjust the chain on the side stand. If you use a paddock stand on the rear wheel and adjust the chain, you're keeping the axle stationary(stand) and cranking the whole bike back and forth. Remember- your axle is your point of adjustment, so when you run a stand, that is now immovable. You're rolling the whole bike on the front wheel. This will put a lot more stress on the spanner tabs. It's also MUCH harder to turn the adjuster like this so I don't know what other forces are at play it wasn't designed to take.

Put it in neutral and put it on the side stand, that way all you're doing is allowing the rear wheel to turn a little.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    You need to able to spin the wheel to check for any tight spots in the chain. If the chain is used it is normal to get tight spots.---You find the tightest spot and adjust the chain there.---That way you know the chain will never become rigid between the sprockets overloading the shaft bearings and accelerating chain and sprocket wear.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by trevloc View Post
    You need to able to spin the wheel to check for any tight spots in the chain. If the chain is used it is normal to get tight spots.---You find the tightest spot and adjust the chain there.---That way you know the chain will never become rigid between the sprockets overloading the shaft bearings and accelerating chain and sprocket wear.
    This 100%......

Quote Originally Posted by MachRider View Post
    I know this is months later, but you should adjust the chain on the side stand. If you use a paddock stand on the rear wheel and adjust the chain, you're keeping the axle stationary(stand) and cranking the whole bike back and forth. Remember- your axle is your point of adjustment, so when you run a stand, that is now immovable. You're rolling the whole bike on the front wheel. This will put a lot more stress on the spanner tabs. It's also MUCH harder to turn the adjuster like this so I don't know what other forces are at play it wasn't designed to take.

Put it in neutral and put it on the side stand, that way all you're doing is allowing the rear wheel to turn a little.
    Whu...?????
    Can you re-do that in English please?....It's mostly incomprehensible.
    Last edited by Tifa; 09-17-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    This 100%......

Whu...?????
    Can you re-do that in English please?....It's mostly incomprehensible.
    Yes, it's simple. When you adjust the chain, you're moving the axle back and forth. When you use a rear paddock stand on our bike, you're lifting the bike by the axle through the center (the pin on your stand).

If you try to adjust your chain, you're not able to move the axle back and forth, since it is now pinned into the stand. This means the only thing that can move is either the whole paddock stand, or the bike itself.

On a standard swing arm unit, you hold the bike up with a paddock stand, you're not literally lifting the bike by the axle like you are with the CB1000R so chain adjustments can be made on one.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Are there spanner tabs on the newest CBs ??

On my older model there's just one locking bolt.

Unless your chain was super loose when you started adjusting it there is virtually no movement of the bikes front wheel during adjustment.

If there was this kind of problem I'm sure that Honda would have high-lighted it in the bikes hand book.-------

This is the first time I've heard of this in my 10 years on this forum.------

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MachRider View Post
    If you try to adjust your chain, you're not able to move the axle back and forth, since it is now pinned into the stand. This means the only thing that can move is either the whole paddock stand, or the bike itself.
    Agree you're lifting the bike by it's axle. But it's in no way a problem.
    When you adjust chain, bike front wheel rolls forwards or backwards my a few mm...if that.
    Can't see what difference it makes given all bikes roll forwards/backwards a few mm when you lift with any paddock stand.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Agree you're lifting the bike by it's axle. But it's in no way a problem.
    When you adjust chain, bike front wheel rolls forwards or backwards my a few mm...if that.
    Can't see what difference it makes given all bikes roll forwards/backwards a few mm when you lift with any paddock stand.
    When I adjust on the side stand in N, my rear wheel rolls back and forth with the axle. Only reason I do this is to lesson the effort required to adjust and to keep my spanner tabs from getting marred! Theoretically if you aren't damaging the tabs then it shouldn't be a worry, but in N on a side stand, you will have the least amount of force required unless you could easily raise the rear with a center stand.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponsored Links