Rear Paddock Stand - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77
  1. #61
    Member Russo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    30
    Member #
    9360
    Ordered a ConStand ,very similar to ABBA,less price and shipping from Germany,cheaper in my case.And no € to Pounds rate difference and commissions.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Tifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    331
    Member #
    15
    I have an ABBA that I'm currently using.
    Works well enough I suppose, but it's a pain in the arse to use after paddock stands..

  3. #63
    Member GeroHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    60
    Member #
    9266
    I have a ConStand and I'm very pleased with him... easy to use and very handy..

    won't miss him....
    Gero
    ------------------------
    2018 Honda CB1000R NSC

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #64
    Senior Member MachRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    394
    Member #
    2946
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DouglasRamsey View Post
    I don't, I just put the back end up on the stand to adjust the chain, although I was told at my local dealer the chain slack Honda specify is with a rider sat on the bike.
    I know this is months later, but you should adjust the chain on the side stand. If you use a paddock stand on the rear wheel and adjust the chain, you're keeping the axle stationary(stand) and cranking the whole bike back and forth. Remember- your axle is your point of adjustment, so when you run a stand, that is now immovable. You're rolling the whole bike on the front wheel. This will put a lot more stress on the spanner tabs. It's also MUCH harder to turn the adjuster like this so I don't know what other forces are at play it wasn't designed to take.

    Put it in neutral and put it on the side stand, that way all you're doing is allowing the rear wheel to turn a little.

  6. #65
    Senior Member COLVERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,771
    Member #
    1038
    Liked
    714 times
    You need to able to spin the wheel to check for any tight spots in the chain. If the chain is used it is normal to get tight spots.---You find the tightest spot and adjust the chain there.---That way you know the chain will never become rigid between the sprockets overloading the shaft bearings and accelerating chain and sprocket wear.

  7. #66
    Senior Member Tifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    331
    Member #
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by trevloc View Post
    You need to able to spin the wheel to check for any tight spots in the chain. If the chain is used it is normal to get tight spots.---You find the tightest spot and adjust the chain there.---That way you know the chain will never become rigid between the sprockets overloading the shaft bearings and accelerating chain and sprocket wear.
    This 100%......

    Quote Originally Posted by MachRider View Post
    I know this is months later, but you should adjust the chain on the side stand. If you use a paddock stand on the rear wheel and adjust the chain, you're keeping the axle stationary(stand) and cranking the whole bike back and forth. Remember- your axle is your point of adjustment, so when you run a stand, that is now immovable. You're rolling the whole bike on the front wheel. This will put a lot more stress on the spanner tabs. It's also MUCH harder to turn the adjuster like this so I don't know what other forces are at play it wasn't designed to take.

    Put it in neutral and put it on the side stand, that way all you're doing is allowing the rear wheel to turn a little.
    Whu...?????
    Can you re-do that in English please?....It's mostly incomprehensible.
    Last edited by Tifa; 09-17-2019 at 02:17 PM.

  8. #67
    Senior Member MachRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    394
    Member #
    2946
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    This 100%......



    Whu...?????
    Can you re-do that in English please?....It's mostly incomprehensible.
    Yes, it's simple. When you adjust the chain, you're moving the axle back and forth. When you use a rear paddock stand on our bike, you're lifting the bike by the axle through the center (the pin on your stand).

    If you try to adjust your chain, you're not able to move the axle back and forth, since it is now pinned into the stand. This means the only thing that can move is either the whole paddock stand, or the bike itself.

    On a standard swing arm unit, you hold the bike up with a paddock stand, you're not literally lifting the bike by the axle like you are with the CB1000R so chain adjustments can be made on one.

  9. #68
    Senior Member COLVERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,771
    Member #
    1038
    Liked
    714 times
    Are there spanner tabs on the newest CBs ??

    On my older model there's just one locking bolt.

    Unless your chain was super loose when you started adjusting it there is virtually no movement of the bikes front wheel during adjustment.

    If there was this kind of problem I'm sure that Honda would have high-lighted it in the bikes hand book.-------

    This is the first time I've heard of this in my 10 years on this forum.------

  10. #69
    Senior Member Tifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    331
    Member #
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by MachRider View Post
    If you try to adjust your chain, you're not able to move the axle back and forth, since it is now pinned into the stand. This means the only thing that can move is either the whole paddock stand, or the bike itself.
    Agree you're lifting the bike by it's axle. But it's in no way a problem.
    When you adjust chain, bike front wheel rolls forwards or backwards my a few mm...if that.
    Can't see what difference it makes given all bikes roll forwards/backwards a few mm when you lift with any paddock stand.

  11. #70
    Senior Member MachRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    394
    Member #
    2946
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Agree you're lifting the bike by it's axle. But it's in no way a problem.
    When you adjust chain, bike front wheel rolls forwards or backwards my a few mm...if that.
    Can't see what difference it makes given all bikes roll forwards/backwards a few mm when you lift with any paddock stand.
    When I adjust on the side stand in N, my rear wheel rolls back and forth with the axle. Only reason I do this is to lesson the effort required to adjust and to keep my spanner tabs from getting marred! Theoretically if you aren't damaging the tabs then it shouldn't be a worry, but in N on a side stand, you will have the least amount of force required unless you could easily raise the rear with a center stand.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. REAR PADDOCK STAND - same one for all models and years?
    By mr greenbaum in forum CB1000R General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 02:36 PM
  2. Rear paddock stand
    By Crazy Bear in forum Maintenance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 03:44 PM
  3. rear paddock stand
    By roothless in forum Maintenance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 03:18 PM
  4. Paddock stand and rear tyre
    By pitternator in forum Doble
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 12:44 PM
  5. Rear Paddock Stand
    By wotonblur in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 01:33 PM

Search tags for this page

honda cb1000r 2018 paddock stand 18mm pin

,

paddock stand size mm

,

r&g ss0050bk

Click on a term to search for related topics.