Fork data

Thread: Fork data

Member #

Fork data

I realise this is something of a long shot, but anyone got any data on the forks of the new bike? Specifically, i’m trying to establish the following fork dimensions:-

• Width, i.e. spacing between centrelines of fork legs.
    • Leg diameters at top and bottom yoke clamp areas.
    • Offset, i.e. distance from plane of fork leg centres to steering stem.

I can measure the above when next at my local dealer, but won’t be going there for a while, so hoped someone here might have this information.

Member #
    Well, some time has passed and still not got that data. Yes i have been to dealers and even the Bike Show, but I guess I forgot.

Since the NSC has been around a couple of years now, any chance someone can help with this information?

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Not the sort of information anybody would have really.--

Still got your SP/2----2002 ?
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    Not the sort of information anybody would have really.--
    Well they would if they have the actual bike. Only take a couple of minutes to measure.

Still got your SP/2----2002 ?
    I still have my SP-2 yes. Not ridden for some time now. I lost the desire to have to wrap myself around the petrol tank to reach the bars and the resultant pain in wrists and knees puts me off riding it. Still love the bike though.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BiKenG View Post
    I realise this is something of a long shot, but anyone got any data on the forks of the new bike? Specifically, i’m trying to establish the following fork dimensions:-

• Width, i.e. spacing between centrelines of fork legs. looks about 205 (but could be between 205-210)
    • Leg diameters at top and bottom yoke clamp areas. Top = 50mm, Bottom = 55mm
    • Offset, i.e. distance from plane of fork leg centres to steering stem. looks about 30, but could be up to 35

I can measure the above when next at my local dealer, but won’t be going there for a while, so hoped someone here might have this information.
    diameters are ok. bit hard to measure the others accurately quickly, with bar risers in the way etc.
    better than nothing though, to start with.

hmm.. inside distance between bottom yoke diameters should be around 150.. will try that with verniers next time (that+55= leg centres)

Member #
    other forums..
    previous had 54.9, so maybe that is the size?

also, BPF blades, 204 instead of earlier 214.. https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index....r1000rr-forks/

etc

Member #
    Great, that's what I'm after. Thanks for that.

So the leg diameters at the bottom yoke are 55mm (not 54mm)? In which case, same as previous bike. Either way that would mean the fork spacing is 204mm. It will be either 204 or 214 as that's what Honda always use on larger bikes, depending on model, size etc.

That should mean that the 2012-> FireBlade front wheel (matching spoke pattern to new NSC) should fit straight in and the forks would only vary at the bottom yoke (CBR being 54mm rather than the CB's 55mm). Mind you, the SP version of the 'Blade (at least the '12-'16 model) used Ohlins, also with 55mm at the bottom yoke, so it's possible a set of CBR SP Ohlins would drop straight into the new NSC CB. But that last is just 'informed speculation'.

Anyway I would think that the NSC's fork legs are then 50mm at the top (same as all Honda's USD forks, Showa or KYB).

The offset (fork plane to stem) is tricky to measure, but it will be either 25, 30, 35 or 40 mm and my money would be on it being one of the middle 2. In fact, most likely it'll be 35mm. But confirmation would be great.

We're getting there.

Member #
    I'd also like to confirm the dimensions of the rear eccentric hub in the NSC's Swing-Arm, but that's harder to measure as it really needs the wheel off and ideally the hub out, but if anyone has theirs in pieces…?

Member #
    Will try and better measurements soon, those number options help.

What hub dimensions?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BiKenG View Post
    Great, that's what I'm after. Thanks for that.

So the leg diameters at the bottom yoke are 55mm (not 54mm)? In which case, same as previous bike. Either way that would mean the fork spacing is 204mm. It will be either 204 or 214 as that's what Honda always use on larger bikes, depending on model, size etc.

That should mean that the 2012-> FireBlade front wheel (matching spoke pattern to new NSC) should fit straight in and the forks would only vary at the bottom yoke (CBR being 54mm rather than the CB's 55mm). Mind you, the SP version of the 'Blade (at least the '12-'16 model) used Ohlins, also with 55mm at the bottom yoke, so it's possible a set of CBR SP Ohlins would drop straight into the new NSC CB. But that last is just 'informed speculation'.

Anyway I would think that the NSC's fork legs are then 50mm at the top (same as all Honda's USD forks, Showa or KYB).

The offset (fork plane to stem) is tricky to measure, but it will be either 25, 30, 35 or 40 mm and my money would be on it being one of the middle 2. In fact, most likely it'll be 35mm. But confirmation would be great.

We're getting there.
    Can measure for you in the next days

Sponsored Links