Life goals..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life goals.....

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    ....people in the US tow their bikes to a road for the day ? ...a bit like trailering a ride down to Daytona speed week etc

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sovrec View Post
    ....people in the US tow their bikes to a road for the day ? ...a bit like trailering a ride down to Daytona speed week etc
    I think you have to understand how big America is and how deathly boring it is to ride 6 hours on straight roads to find some wiggly bits, before you realize the relative utility of a trailer 8-) It took me 10 years to get the hint.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I would much rather put my bike in the bed of my truck and drive 4 hours down the hwy then unload at the mountains not tired and ready to go. Than ride 7 hours and 450 miles of bike roads to get to the mountains and tear up my tires and get there tired

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RideRed; 07-21-2016 at 08:03 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    I get where you're coming from - a bit of an unknown concept here in British Isles !!! We're all more or less 100-200 miles from being far away from home ! I do like Doser's approach though of putting together epic journeys - on a similar front many bikers are looking at rail services that transport their bikes to the heart of Europe for exactly the same reasons...I think the US experience is so far detached from how we travel/ride that it' is difficult to grasp the concept ...! Would kill to ride some US roads though ! Did the Pacific Coast Highway in a car - would love to do that on two wheels !

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    In all honesty, having ridden many places across the USA, I don't think they beat Scottish roads. I mean, I know there's lots of decent roads, but most are not built with driving/riding in mind the way British roads are built. And Scottish roads are extra empty 8-)

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    In all honesty, having ridden many places across the USA, I don't think they beat Scottish roads. I mean, I know there's lots of decent roads, but most are not built with driving/riding in mind the way British roads are built. And Scottish roads are extra empty 8-)
    To me the US has like 4 or 5 epic areas. Having ridden alot of eastern TN KY Virginia and wester NC and SC down into northern GA I really couldn't imagine much better roads.

I've also spent time in the Ozarks. Good but not Smokies good. I'd like to get out to California at some point to ride canyons. But if Scotland is truly better than the Smokies I have to get over the pond.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links