Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Sponsored Editorial Content Motorcycle.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    27
    Member #
    5914

    Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?



    'Loud pipes save lives' and 'the louder it is the faster it is' are all phrases you’ve probably heard before, but for a lot of people – particularly the non-riding public – loud exhausts prove to be obnoxious. Which camp do you find yourself in?
    Read more about the Poll: How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes? at Motorcycle.com.

  2. #2
    Senior Member DELuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Mississippi
    Posts
    2,426
    Member #
    3037
    Liked
    764 times
    I really don't care about other people's feelz so long as the sound makes them look up from their phone/burger/makeup/book long enough to NOT run me over.
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

    My Bike

  3. #3
    Senior Member RumbleFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Los Feliz, California
    Posts
    153
    Member #
    6225
    Quote Originally Posted by DELuth View Post
    I really don't care about other people's feelz so long as the sound makes them look up from their phone/burger/makeup/book long enough to NOT run me over.
    I'm with you.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member BigOne-94-14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,936
    Member #
    3528
    Liked
    228 times
    I care more about loud radios.

  6. #5
    SDM
    SDM is offline
    Senior Member SDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Manila. Philippines
    Posts
    164
    Member #
    3208
    Liked
    27 times
    On a Hardly I hate them. On an inline 4 going WOT I love the sound of them. My opinion.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Old Goat Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    887
    Member #
    4318
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SDM View Post
    On a Hardly I hate them. On an inline 4 going WOT I love the sound of them. My opinion.
    This right here

    Maybe I'm getting "GET OFF MY LAWN" kind of old, but I'm starting to outright hate Hardly's. They all have this annoying habit of blipping the throttle ALL THE TIME. ALL. THE. TIME. Coming to a stop: blip blip blip. Stopped: Blip. BLIIIIIP. Blip. Rolling into a gas station: Blip Blip Blip. Starting it up: BLLLLIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPP BLIIIIIIIIIP Blip. We get it, you ride a Harley.

    Some of the really young sport bike riders do it too though, bouncing off the rev limiter at a stop light. Equally annoying.

    But an inline 4 getting on it while riding, heavenly bliss. I LOVE that sounds. Love it.
    2014 CB1000R
    2014 Mustang GT

  8. #7
    Senior Member DELuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Mississippi
    Posts
    2,426
    Member #
    3037
    Liked
    764 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
    This right here

    Maybe I'm getting "GET OFF MY LAWN" kind of old, but I'm starting to outright hate Hardly's. They all have this annoying habit of blipping the throttle ALL THE TIME. ALL. THE. TIME. Coming to a stop: blip blip blip. Stopped: Blip. BLIIIIIP. Blip. Rolling into a gas station: Blip Blip Blip. Starting it up: BLLLLIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPP BLIIIIIIIIIP Blip. We get it, you ride a Harley.

    Some of the really young sport bike riders do it too though, bouncing off the rev limiter at a stop light. Equally annoying.

    But an inline 4 getting on it while riding, heavenly bliss. I LOVE that sounds. Love it.
    Agree 1000%, OGN.

    South Park nailed it!

    Big burly macho attention whores. #notall


    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

    My Bike

  9. #8
    Senior Member Old Goat Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    887
    Member #
    4318
    Liked
    6 times
    Hahaha, I love that episode.
    2014 CB1000R
    2014 Mustang GT

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Loud pipes ...
    By BigOne-94-14 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 08:24 PM
  2. Sharon shorty exhaust. Proud and LOUD!!!
    By fmilho in forum Modification
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-18-2015, 11:30 AM
  3. New Exhaust and Horn, very loud !!
    By russ_fae_fyvie in forum CB1000R General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 11:33 PM
  4. makes you feel old
    By squidger in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 06:14 AM
  5. How Loud??
    By JoeyA in forum Modification
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 03:14 PM