Tech Spec Gripster
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Tech Spec Gripster

Hey guys

Is anybody using or tried out this Tech Spec Grip? I have some coming for my bike and am interested on where people have positioned it for use. I have the snakeskin (universal) kit coming.

Also how hard it was to work with and apply to the bike. I did initially look at Stomp Grip for my bike, but then after seeing how its chewed and torn some guys leathers where they position there legs against it, I wanted something that was going to hold my leg but not rip up my leathers. I would like my leathers to last me a long time.

Thoughts or ideas that people can pass on would be appreciated.

Cheers

Member #
    Liked
    93 times

Re: Tech Spec Gripster

Got stomp grip, just fitted to the frame, and it does the job

but, it does bite threw your leathers, try the snakeskin in the same posistion

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Grant`
    Hey guys

Is anybody using or tried out this Tech Spec Grip? I have some coming for my bike and am interested on where people have positioned it for use. I have the snakeskin (universal) kit coming.

Also how hard it was to work with and apply to the bike. I did initially look at Stomp Grip for my bike, but then after seeing how its chewed and torn some guys leathers where they position there legs against it, I wanted something that was going to hold my leg but not rip up my leathers. I would like my leathers to last me a long time.

Thoughts or ideas that people can pass on would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Grant, its fairly easy to apply but you will have to make your own design using a template and cut it out. You can easily remove and reposition if you dont get it exactly right the first time (or second etc etc). Here is a picture of mine and I only used half of it. It wont chew your leathers up but it does give you extra grip. I removed that ugly rubber thingy and applied directly to the tank and used a honda tank protector up the middle.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2011 Honda CB1000R
    2011 Yamaha VMax, 2011 Triumph S3, 2010 Yamaha YZ450F Supermoto, 2009 Ducati Hypermotard, 2006 Husky SM610
    gallery.php?u=2961
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1070 ... bums?hl=en

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Definately avoid the stomp grip, had it on my R1 and it made a right mess of my Alpinestars MX1 suit!!
    Still livin the dream
    My CB1000R on the link below
    viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9619

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Awesome thanks for the replies, I quite like my Alpinestars 2 piece and Berik 1 piece as they are and can't really afford to be repairing or replacing them.

Quite interesting with removing that rubber protector, I take it that it is just glued on? Did you find it made much a difference to you being able to grip the tank as I take it that its not quite as wide around that area anymore?

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Grant`
    Awesome thanks for the replies, I quite like my Alpinestars 2 piece and Berik 1 piece as they are and can't really afford to be repairing or replacing them.

Quite interesting with removing that rubber protector, I take it that it is just glued on? Did you find it made much a difference to you being able to grip the tank as I take it that its not quite as wide around that area anymore?

Well it comes of real easy and is held on by double sided tape and some velcro. It peeled of so easy after I came back from long hot ride and noticed it had moved and was looking a bit crumpled. It makes the tank narrower and I find it easier to grip with the new setup.
    2011 Honda CB1000R
    2011 Yamaha VMax, 2011 Triumph S3, 2010 Yamaha YZ450F Supermoto, 2009 Ducati Hypermotard, 2006 Husky SM610
    gallery.php?u=2961
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1070 ... bums?hl=en

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by artmack
    Well it comes of real easy and is held on by double sided tape and some velcro. It peeled of so easy after I came back from long hot ride and noticed it had moved and was looking a bit crumpled. It makes the tank narrower and I find it easier to grip with the new setup.

Cheers boss, might have to investigate this option a bit more eh.

Sponsored Links