Tech Spec Gripster
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member Grant`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Whangarei, New Zealand
    Posts
    138
    Member #
    1855
    Liked
    1 times

    Tech Spec Gripster

    Hey guys

    Is anybody using or tried out this Tech Spec Grip? I have some coming for my bike and am interested on where people have positioned it for use. I have the snakeskin (universal) kit coming.

    Also how hard it was to work with and apply to the bike. I did initially look at Stomp Grip for my bike, but then after seeing how its chewed and torn some guys leathers where they position there legs against it, I wanted something that was going to hold my leg but not rip up my leathers. I would like my leathers to last me a long time.

    Thoughts or ideas that people can pass on would be appreciated.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Senior Member LATE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rye, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,985
    Member #
    1097
    Liked
    93 times

    Re: Tech Spec Gripster

    Got stomp grip, just fitted to the frame, and it does the job

    but, it does bite threw your leathers, try the snakeskin in the same posistion

  3. #3
    artmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge LA USA
    Posts
    258
    Member #
    1997

    Re: Tech Spec Gripster

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant`
    Hey guys

    Is anybody using or tried out this Tech Spec Grip? I have some coming for my bike and am interested on where people have positioned it for use. I have the snakeskin (universal) kit coming.

    Also how hard it was to work with and apply to the bike. I did initially look at Stomp Grip for my bike, but then after seeing how its chewed and torn some guys leathers where they position there legs against it, I wanted something that was going to hold my leg but not rip up my leathers. I would like my leathers to last me a long time.

    Thoughts or ideas that people can pass on would be appreciated.

    Cheers

    Hi Grant, its fairly easy to apply but you will have to make your own design using a template and cut it out. You can easily remove and reposition if you dont get it exactly right the first time (or second etc etc). Here is a picture of mine and I only used half of it. It wont chew your leathers up but it does give you extra grip. I removed that ugly rubber thingy and applied directly to the tank and used a honda tank protector up the middle.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2011 Honda CB1000R
    2011 Yamaha VMax, 2011 Triumph S3, 2010 Yamaha YZ450F Supermoto, 2009 Ducati Hypermotard, 2006 Husky SM610
    gallery.php?u=2961
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1070 ... bums?hl=en

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member Adey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    580
    Member #
    1926
    Liked
    1 times

    Re: Tech Spec Gripster

    Definately avoid the stomp grip, had it on my R1 and it made a right mess of my Alpinestars MX1 suit!!
    Still livin the dream
    My CB1000R on the link below
    viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9619

  6. #5
    Senior Member Grant`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Whangarei, New Zealand
    Posts
    138
    Member #
    1855
    Liked
    1 times

    Re: Tech Spec Gripster

    Awesome thanks for the replies, I quite like my Alpinestars 2 piece and Berik 1 piece as they are and can't really afford to be repairing or replacing them.

    Quite interesting with removing that rubber protector, I take it that it is just glued on? Did you find it made much a difference to you being able to grip the tank as I take it that its not quite as wide around that area anymore?

  7. #6
    artmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge LA USA
    Posts
    258
    Member #
    1997

    Re: Tech Spec Gripster

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant`
    Awesome thanks for the replies, I quite like my Alpinestars 2 piece and Berik 1 piece as they are and can't really afford to be repairing or replacing them.

    Quite interesting with removing that rubber protector, I take it that it is just glued on? Did you find it made much a difference to you being able to grip the tank as I take it that its not quite as wide around that area anymore?


    Well it comes of real easy and is held on by double sided tape and some velcro. It peeled of so easy after I came back from long hot ride and noticed it had moved and was looking a bit crumpled. It makes the tank narrower and I find it easier to grip with the new setup.
    2011 Honda CB1000R
    2011 Yamaha VMax, 2011 Triumph S3, 2010 Yamaha YZ450F Supermoto, 2009 Ducati Hypermotard, 2006 Husky SM610
    gallery.php?u=2961
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1070 ... bums?hl=en

  8. #7
    Senior Member Grant`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Whangarei, New Zealand
    Posts
    138
    Member #
    1855
    Liked
    1 times

    Re: Tech Spec Gripster

    Quote Originally Posted by artmack
    Well it comes of real easy and is held on by double sided tape and some velcro. It peeled of so easy after I came back from long hot ride and noticed it had moved and was looking a bit crumpled. It makes the tank narrower and I find it easier to grip with the new setup.

    Cheers boss, might have to investigate this option a bit more eh.

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Tech help please.
    By Gargoyle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 01:10 PM
  2. Got a question for the tech's out there :)
    By WestSideRide in forum CB1000R General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 02:04 PM
  3. Givi V46 Tech
    By Blow in forum Doble
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 04:40 PM
  4. Computer tech help please.
    By Gargoyle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 01:51 PM
  5. final spec.
    By everton in forum CB1000R General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 01:49 PM

Search tags for this page

@techspecsolutions.com

,

cb1000r tech spec grip

,

cb1000r techspec

,

ducati chew my rubber logo

,

stompgrip for honda cb1000r

,

tank protector cb1000r

Click on a term to search for related topics.