shock tube /anyone fitted one to their cb1000r ?
    Member #

shock tube /anyone fitted one to their cb1000r ?

just ordered one of these shock tube things cos im going to lose my hugger and run a carbon chainguard and this thing to protect the shocker, but has anyone fitted one as a quick glance to my shocker asks the question " how to get to the top of the shocker to fit the tube as it looks hidden away

Member #

Re: shock tube /anyone fitted one to their cb1000r ?

I've fitted one on ABS model, limited access to the bottom half of the shock but fit it first and then twist it round before you do the tie wraps up tight, just as the destructions say. Greasing the inside of the tube definitely helped but the top was trickier and I had to remove what I think was the rectifier under the seat to get at it. A few grazed knuckles from memory and another pair of hands was helpful, especially if they're female and nimble, you won't have as much difficulty if your non abs. The shocktube is hard wearing and I run without a hugger. Make sure you go to shocktube.co.uk and not .com if your looking for reference !
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #

cheers for the info, have you found it to be ok in doing its job as soon as i mentioned this gizmo coming in the post i have had err mixed reactions should i say, i too want to run without a hugger due to my hugger breaking at the mounting point so rather than spending 120 plus for a decent replacement i have opted for a carbon chainguard and this thing ,to which the postman has just delivered it !! so looks like i will fit as asoon as i can before bank hol weekend. thing is i only use mine as a summer weekend toy so it will never venture out in salty conditions etc , just want stone chip protection and stop grime build up, heres hoping !

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #

Never bothered with a hugger just fitted the honda under tray for ease of cleaning and one of these over the shock, commuted most days on mine from march to october last year in all weathers. The most marks on the rear of the bike are from stones hitting the tip of the tail unit and the rear light lense where the tail tidy and small number plate leave that bit exposed to pitting. After 3k miles the neoprene is a little faded from all the dirt and soakings but otherwise in as new condition, not riding the bike much this year as working away but I like the look and would do the same again if had a new bike. You'll never be short of opinions on here so just do what you prefer.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Tested my patience a little fitting it. As previously said, twisting it is tricky, so make sure you grease the top as suggested. I used vaseline, just happened to have some handy!!!!!!!
    Scars from fitting have healed now but I am impressed with the quality, and several people have commented it looks good, and makes a change from a hugger.

Sponsored Links