RUNS adds LED bar + Bar end reversible Mirrors + Belly pan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

RUNS adds LED bar + Bar end reversible Mirrors + Belly pan

Hi there!!

An update on RUNS.

LED Bar. Have always thought of the idea of an extra brake light as a worth while safety device and where is to put it than on the GIVI mount (Did this mod to my VFR too). Its extra bright at night or day, looks cool and makes sure that you have a SOLID RED bar as you engage your brakes. See pics for details.

Bar End Reversible Mirror.
    Ordered these with the bike but just could not mount them as the bar end on the CB is quite mobile. Spent several days thinking about the problem. Ordered a set of Bar-End anchors, A slight modification to the bar end it self and VOILA! we're in business. Its as firm as can be. No shakes or rattles. Fantastic

Belly Pan
    Cam in the standard black colour. No good for me that way. Had it painted to match the CB's silver and now its so so sweet. Had to modify one of the hangers so the unit will position with its lowest point slightly above the down pipes.

Oh yes, forgot to mention the CHROME HORN!

At the end of the day it's for everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    mum said: No good deed goes unpunished

Member #
    Liked
    277 times

Re: RUNS adds LED bar + Bar end reversible Mirrors + Belly pan

Very nice-I particularly like the bar-end mirrors.

By the way-those downpipes could do with a good polish.
    Black,Honda seat cowl,Akrapovic open exhaust system,carbon fibre under seat side covers,sprocket guard & front cowl,PC III,Evotech Tail Tidy & Crash Protectors,Ermax bellypan,carbon hugger,Pazzo levers,Beowulf stainless steel rad guard.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H
    By the way-those downpipes could do with a good polish.
    Riding a Lagos and polishing down pipes just don't go together.

I can understand it but after a while they take on a yellowish hue and no amount of polishing seems to work. So I gave up. I have the lasers on my VFR and that's the exact same problem I experienced. Perhaps its the overall higher temperatures that bikes experience here along with the generally grime"ier" road. I don't know. Any advice will be appreciated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Fotodadi
    Hi there!!

An update on RUNS.

LED Bar. Have always thought of the idea of an extra brake light as a worth while safety device and where is to put it than on the GIVI mount (Did this mod to my VFR too). Its extra bright at night or day, looks cool and makes sure that you have a SOLID RED bar as you engage your brakes. See pics for details.

Ordered these with the bike but just could not mount them as the bar end on the CB is quite mobile. Spent several days thinking about the problem. Ordered a set of Bar-End anchors, A slight modification to the bar end it self and VOILA! we're in business. Its as firm as can be. No shakes or rattles. Fantastic
    [/color]
    Belly Pan
    Cam in the standard black colour. No good for me that way. Had it painted to match the CB's silver and now its so so sweet. Had to modify one of the hangers so the unit will position with its lowest point slightly above the down pipes.

Hi mate... Nice job on the bike. Could you PM me regarding how you fixed your Bar end reversible mirror "mobile" problem? I bought the same mirrors & they kept moving due to vibrations & wind. Someone kindly suggested removing the original barends & replacing them with universal ones. What did you do to fix em?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by bikerb
    Hi mate... Nice job on the bike. Could you PM me regarding how you fixed your Bar end reversible mirror "mobile" problem? I bought the same mirrors & they kept moving due to vibrations & wind. Someone kindly suggested removing the original barends & replacing them with universal ones. What did you do to fix em?
    Quick answer:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KO ... oh_product

I didn't take photos of the mods I did, but I'll do tomorrow and post a detailed to-do.

One word though, there appears to be yet another problem with these mirrors; speeds above 160km/h have the air pushing them out of position . I am begining to think that this is probably why they are so cheap? as compared to the Rizomas (http://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/368.html) but then again, what do I know. The rizomas, could be re-packaged motraxes!!

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bikerb
    Quick answer:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KO ... oh_product

I didn't take photos of the mods I did, but I'll do tomorrow and post a detailed to-do.

One word though, there appears to be yet another problem with these mirrors; speeds above 160km/h have the air pushing them out of position . I am begining to think that this is probably why they are so cheap? as compared to the Rizomas (http://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/368.html) but then again, what do I know. The rizomas, could be re-packaged motraxes!!

Rizomas have the exact same problem...

Member #
    Liked
    841 times

Looking at the Amazon link picture, this is the same sort of design as the Oberon fitting. But the Oberon mirrors do not move...... at all ...... ever. (So far)

I think it may be something to do with the size of the mirror,and how far it is from the bar end.

Small mirror close to the barend = small amount of wind pressure to move mirror.

Larger mirror further away from barend = To much wind pressure for the internal collet to grip the bar internal.

It makes sense to me anyway.

Hope this helps.

The Goyle.
    Gargoyle's Tourer.

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Hi there, can you tell me where you got the mirrors from and what adjustment did you have to make?

Cheers

Hi there!!

An update on RUNS.

Belly Pan

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by clem71
    Hi there, can you tell me where you got the mirrors from and what adjustment did you have to make?

Cheers
    Got the mirrors from Doble (Thanks Ian) ad the bar end anchors from Amazon. For the adjustment, you'll have to wait for tomorrow when I do the "tell all" with pictures!!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Ok, here we go

The components

1. The Comp Bar End from Amazon (Items B, D, E are the only ones needed)
    2. Longer Bolt "D" to match thread on Anchor
    3. Wall Anchor Bolt, A + C (available from any hardware store). Bolt has the same thread as the original bolt, H.

So what to do.
    1. Remove Bar end from handle bar by undoing screw H

2. Remove stopper on weight in handle bar (The weight is what the Screw H was bolted to). The stoppers prevent the weight from going all the way into the handle bar. You need to pull the weight our to remove the stoppers. The weight stopper has a key which needs to be pressed to release in order to allow the weight out. Access to the stopper is via the handle bar grips. See the picture. I can't show you the stoppers etc as I didn't take pictures at the time.

3. Re-insert the weight into the handle bar and push in. It should go to a minimum of 5cm in, further than when you first took it out. This will allow for space to accommodate the anchor.

4. Take component E and file away at its end to get a profile that will key in with the profile of the bar end F. This is really critical. If you file away too much of E you will have play after assembly and everything would have been a waste of time. The Mod Assembly picture show the profiles on E and F and they would fit snugly with each other.

5. Bar end F is modified slightly by drilling part of it out to accommodate the head on the bolt D. If you can lay your hands on a longer screw like the original H, then that's just fine. You don't need this step.

6. Assemble all the components C, D, E, F, G in that order and insert into the handle bar. Tighten G and the comp fitting E will be forced to expand and grip the internals of the bar end. The grip is extremely secure and will prevent the bar end (to which you priced mirror is attached) from moving.

7. Give yourself a pat on the back and now brace up to always having to adjust the mirrors every time you go fast!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links