ABS brake lines - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ABS brake lines

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc1 View Post
    Hi doser, I'm interested in what you bought and where from. Can you please advise
    Mc1----How's your winter project going ??? Spring's just round the corner so you need to be ready.---
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Hi Colvert and all, decided to go the same route as Ghostrider and purchased the Frentubo set which are about £100 cheaper than other makes. Quality is good but some joints did weep and needed to be extra tight but all in all it went well. Raring to go now, just need some nice weather and road tax.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I did not bought frentubo and will not buy the shit anymore , 2 set of 2 on my MT10S were leaking , merdtubo customers service is a joke...
    Went with spiegler a bit expensive but best quality.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Sorry Ghostrider my mistake, it was actually doser and personally I can't fault them.

Member #
    Well after some 7 months in the garage I finally managed to get out on the bike for some essentials today and give the new brakes a test (my excuse). Its like they say, the difference is night and day and probably one of the best mods you can do. So anyone thinking of upgrading its well worth it. Safe riding

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Nice!

Yeah, it's amazing how much flex the stock lines have. I had the same reaction after doing mine, wishing I had done it sooner. The lines should have been my third mod, right after removing the 9 ton factory exhaust and the safety-Nazi decals.

I suggest practicing hard braking to relearn your brake muscle memory since the wheel will lock easier. Then again, you probably have ABS on your CB.
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    Hi DELuth, brakes feel really sharp and 100% better than before. Whilst out riding, twice two numpties decided to turn in front of me so had to brake hard to avoid collision so was a good test for the brakes. What is it with drivers who can't see a bike with bright headlights on! Thanks for the advice and I do have ABS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links