ABS brake lines - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABS brake lines

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    There you go, Doser. Thanks, Ghostrider!

It looks like the ABS kit includes 6 lines to cover the entire system for 200 euro plus overseas shipping. Not too bad!

If Spiegler Germany has the lines, maybe Spiegler USA can request the specs from them and build the lines for you, Don. Just a thought, it might be easier/faster.
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Just ordered the Fren Tubo set from Carpimoto. Confirmed totally complete with no mods required - remove all OEM; install all FT. EURO 160 plus EURO 12 shipping.

(thanks Ghostrider and DELuth...)
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    btw, I reckon the reason for the rarity of the line-set for the ABS bikes is that there are a couple complicated little machined parts involved, and creating those probably takes a significant investment. see the attached jpeg: red. also the yellow-circled clamping points are not 'off-the-shelf'. honestly, I'm surprised this is all available for under EURO 200...

Fren Tubo for CB1000R ABS - 2011-16 notated by Don Serl, on Flickr
    piling the mileage on...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DELuth View Post
    It looks like the ABS kit includes 6 lines to cover the entire system for 200 euro plus overseas shipping. Not too bad!
    I went onto the site and couldn't find the set. Searched "CB1000R" and didn't get any returns at all... Used the bike selection tool and didn't see any ABS option...

Got a link?
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    --- HONDA CB 1000 RA+ Neo Sports Cafe (SC80) - front brake/rear brake - 2018 -
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    https://spiegler.de/en/stahlflex-bre....html#features

Code:
    https://spiegler.de/en/stahlflex-bremsleitung-fuer-honda-motorrad-mit-1000-ccm/11483-stahlflexleitung-honda-cb-1000-r-sc60-bremse-vorne-hinten-2011-.html#features
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    I'm in! ordered last Sunday - actually had some payment authorization issues, and Carlo Carpi (I presume the owner) sorted them out for me, that day, within a couple hours. and the set arrived via DHL Friday. wow - I'm impressed with the speed.

as for the lines, they look to be superbly built. I spent a couple hours today sorting thru all the lines, ID'ing which fitting goes where, etc. I won't install them for a bit yet - I'll wait till the bike is off the road for the winter... exciting!
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Hi doser, I'm interested in what you bought and where from. Can you please advise

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i have just problem with Frentubo , 2 sets of two were leaking on my mt10/mt10 sp , customers care is a nightmare.
    After i move on to spiegler (the lines he is selling for the NSC are made under my specification , as i send to him my oem rubber to built the braided lines )

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc1 View Post
    Hi doser, I'm interested in what you bought and where from. Can you please advise
    hello MC1 - I bought exactly what I posted earlier:

https://carpimoto.it/en-CA/50183_152...-ABS-11-16.htm

the photo is not at all representative. there are actually 9 line segments, in 5 'units' ( including linking fittings).

I hope I have better results than Ghostrider...
    piling the mileage on...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links