Decat and O2 sensor question?
    Member #

Decat and O2 sensor question?

Does anyone have any advice on decating there CB1000r 09 with the o2 sensor fitted to decat pipe.. as i know when decat is done that it will give you more free flowing exhaust system that will cause the bike to run leaner and all ready is with o2 sensor fitted.. so my question is will the ECU and the 02 sensor compensate for this and add fuel to match the normal air fuel ratio that the 02 sensor would run at on the CB..i have know power commander just end can laser gp extreme with cat and pipercross air filter..i also have the 02 eliminator fitted the bike pulls better and from standing start but i seem to have slightly pulsing idle exhaust tone when the bike warmed up after long run out.. some say this is normal but i dont remember hearing it until o2 eliminator fitted...but i may have to refit one if i was to decat the CB i think or not? if anyone has the 02 sensor for sale thats if you have gone for the full exhaust setup of course ..pm me please i may be interested. thanks for any info..
    Last edited by tachyon67; 04-08-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Member #
    My CB with decat and O2 eliminator seems to run fine...ish. No surging, no pulsing idle cold or warm. The only thing I notice is that my MPG is really bad. Previous owner of my bike ran the bike with no O2 eliminator which caused the ECM light to always be on.

Member #
    ok thanks thats good news.. not to bothered if it uses more fuel if the bike runs smooth..but what end can do you have and decat pipe and what air filter. or are using the full exhaust system ..and also using know power commander setup or ecu remap..thanks for info..

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    714 times

Sounds like a lot of work to try and rid yourself problems caused by those changes.

What sort of gain do you expect and is it really worth trying to get out of the hole you seem to have got yourself in, unless you just like fiddling.---

Your bike is capable of serious good performance and road holding.

You would be far better off honing your riding skills than hoping some stick on bits are going to do it for you.-----
    Last edited by COLVERT; 04-10-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #

Member #
    Only playing colvert.. but i have to say this forum is full of debate and advice about what i asked about the cb. its not perfect but still a great bike that just needs fine tweaking..so if you can why not..
    Last edited by tachyon67; 04-11-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tachyon67 View Post
    Only playing colvert.. but i have to say this forum is full of debate and advice about what i asked about the cb. its not perfect but still a great bike that just needs fine tweaking..so if you can why not..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    I have a full decat GPR exhaust fitted on my bike. Previous owner ran it with an O2 eliminator fitted and I was getting a pulsing at low RPMs or when coming off the throttle. My in-town MPG was also pretty awful, averaging around 30 MPG.

I fitted an O2 sensor back in and the pulsing more or less disappared. Didn't do much for the fuel efficiency at all, maybe a slight bump to 32 but that's probably due to traffic conditions.

A PCV would probably do the trick but insuring my bike afterwards would be almost impossible, or at least so expensive as to not be worth it

On a side note, my highway MPG is about 50, and that's being heavy on the throttle, so reality is the bike just doesn't like dense traffic and stop-start driving.

Sponsored Links