Barracuda Crash Bungs! Why Crash Bungs? (Read This)
    Member #

Barracuda Crash Bungs! Why Crash Bungs? (Read This)

A few years ago I dropped my 2006 GSXR600 when a Bee flew up the inside of my Jacket and stung me on the arm. I stopped the bike and began dealing with the Bee , the thing was my bike had begun a gradual leaning decent and had reached the point of no return, Crash!! ,the bike hit the ground sending me into a backwards roll. Shaking my head in unbelief I then shook the Squashed Bee from my jacket, took a quick glance around to make sure no one saw me picked up my Bike and rode off with my pride firmly detached.

Fortunately not too much damage was done...but a lesson I will never forget.

I have installed the Barracuda Crash Bungs...Looks really good, should protect the Engine and Fairings from the unfortunate drop, should the Bee's brother or cousin come looking for me.

P.S. If any Kiwi members are looking for a R&G Tail Tidy I have one for sale in the Classified section...Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: Barracuda Crash Bungs! Why Crash Bungs? (Read This)

Hi Newby from Redrider in Auckland. I have just fitted R&G crash bungs ready for the taupo track day this Sunday, but I don't intend to use them. If you are doing the track day give me a call on 0274 997 901. Regards Murray PS I could be interested in the tail tidy.
    Just do it! - from the Kiwi coke and speed addict.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Just don't buy anything that is mounted on the engine. Buy frame sliders that connect to the frame, or it may end up looking like this:

(A Honda Hornet 900 if I am not mistaken)

[/quote]

for every good thing a bad thing happens.

gedspeed

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by redrider
    Hi Newby from Redrider in Auckland. I have just fitted R&G crash bungs ready for the taupo track day this Sunday, but I don't intend to use them. If you are doing the track day give me a call on 0274 997 901. Regards Murray PS I could be interested in the tail tidy.
    Hi Red Rider,
    I was planning to do the Track Day in Taupo, decided to do the Coast2Coast ride from Waiuku to Whitianga instead, Thought it might be a good test to see how things go on a longer ride Two Up with the Givi case and Airhawk cushions. Hope to do the next track day in Auckland Though. I threw in some Photo's of my Bike with the Givi installed if you are looking in that direction for luggage options. Will let you know how the Airhawk cusions are when I return, should be a better alternatives to a custom seats. Will call you after the weekend regarding the Tail Tidy.

Cheers.

P.S - Have an awesome time at the Track day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Newby
    Quote Originally Posted by redrider
    Hi Red Rider,
    I was planning to do the Track Day in Taupo, decided to do the Coast2Coast ride from Waiuku to Whitianga instead, Thought it might be a good test to see how things go on a longer ride Two Up with the Givi case and Airhawk cushions. Hope to do the next track day in Auckland Though. I threw in some Photo's of my Bike with the Givi installed if you are looking in that direction for luggage options. Will let you know how the Airhawk cusions are when I return, should be a better alternatives to a custom seats. Will call you after the weekend regarding the Tail Tidy.

Cheers.

P.S - Have an awesome time at the Track day.
    That looks so sexy on the back of the black bike

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Hi Newby, I will be interested to see how the Airhawk set covers went. Have a great weekend. We will compare notes next week.
    Regards Murray
    Just do it! - from the Kiwi coke and speed addict.

Sponsored Links