Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Tank/tail pack pics on the CB

6K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  doser 
#1 ·
I've been really likeing the idea of a smaller lock on style tank bag but no one in the area carrys anything in stock and with the shape of the CBs tank I have my worries about clearance. Anyone have any pics of what they have on the CB

I'm open to possibly settling for a tail bag but bit fond of losing my ability to carry stuff if I have a gal on the back.

#4 ·
I thought at first that he lived in Australia.----:angel

#7 ·
Sorry no pics but just completed 1500 miles through France and Spain. Kriega US20 sat perfectly on the tail and a Givi 3d 601 tank bag fitted. With a very lightly loaded Kreiga R30 this was more than enough for 6 days (although only T shirts, shorts and flipflops).

The tankbag is superb, clicks on and off and has the phone cover in the top so you can use Sat Nav, highly recommended.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g...f-IJ4HdUaO7j-gI#tbm=isch&q=givi+3d601+cb1000r

#12 ·
Thanks, Jon!

I don't want your bike, I just want you to paint mine all smexy like that. Can't, though, big stupid ocean in the way...

#14 ·
Here is my 20 liter Kriega pack. Ok...how do i attach a pic? It works great gor my work commute. I get my laptop, shoes, soft lunch box and has room for a pineapple in there. So nice yo get the backpack off my back. Love the bag and the attachment is quick and easy with the suppled straps you mount under the seat to create two tabs in front to combine with the existing rears.

#15 ·
Depending on what you want the tank bag for, I have an Icon Primer and love it. It attaches magnetically to the CB's tank no problem. It's tiny, but I wanted something that carried wallet, phone, house keys, a shell jacket and a small bottle of water for short rides, and the Primer is perfect. Super low profile, which I personally like. I scored mine on Ebay for $30 and couldn't be happier.

#16 ·
I use a tank lock bag and SW Motech panniers when on a long run. Works well, supplies lots of space, and both clip off very easily, importantly neither leave any marks on the bike.

I love the tank lock bags as they offer real useability.

I also use a cheap tail pack when out for the day, just clips over the rear seat and I can fit waterproofs/wallet/etc in it. Ugly, but handy.

#18 · (Edited)
I've got a Motocentric Mototrek 14 magnetic tank bag (how's that for a mouthful for a product name?) which I find appropriately sized for most use.

IMG_6819-20 by Don Serl, on Flickr

I think it's now discontinued, altho the Weekender seems nearly identical, with a GPS pocket instead of a map pouch on top.

MotoCentric Weekender GPS Tank Bag - Motorcycle Superstore

Key for me is that the tank bag needs a pocket on the back-end, since I carry mu camera there and shoot while I ride. Very few tank bags have that feature.

I've also got a Joe Rocket Manta, which is good for short, casual outings.

Joe Rocket Manta Tank Bag - RevZilla

As for tail bags, for bigger volume I use a Shad SH40 mounted on a Shad Sport Plate.

IMG_6945-20 by Don Serl, on Flickr

For lighter use, I did some mods to a Nelson Rigg 1060. I find the volume about right, and I like the absolute simplicity.

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/luggage/cl-series/sport-tail-seat-bag-detail.html

IMG_2648M by Don Serl, on Flickr

Details on the mods are on here, at: http://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/...rigg-tail-bag-modified-attachment-straps.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.