Rizoma LED Indicator resistors..always needed?
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times

Rizoma LED Indicator resistors..always needed?

I recently bought some Rizoma LED indicators for the front of my bike..The thing is they came with 2 resistors for each side..I know they are to slow down the flash rate,but is the 2 really needed like they suggest in the diagram?.I have 2 mini LED indicators fitted now and they have no resistor fitted at all and they work fine..I have original indicators on the rear which i believe helps keep the flash rate normal..(Correct me if i'm wrong.)
    Has anyone fitted these or similar LED's with or without the resistors?.Do they work fine?.Or should i just fit them without the resistors and change the flasher relay?.Any info or help would be greatly appreciated..
    The pics show how the diagram says to fit them but it seems too much wiring to me..
    Name:  DSCN3143.jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  87.7 KBName:  DSCN3146.jpg
Views: 2039
Size:  92.7 KBName:  DSCN3152.jpg
Views: 1656
Size:  90.9 KB

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, I have exactly those Track 77's installed all around. Personally I don't understand why someone wants to mess around with the resistors, since it's so much easier to switch the relay. Costs about 20 €.
    But if you do, you have to use all the resistors that came with the indicators, since the CB has 21W bulbs in the original ones...

Member #
    Liked
    841 times
    You must have enough resistance to fool the indicator relay to thinking it's running two 21w bulbs, otherwise the flash rate will be wrong. (Fast).

If you have LED indicators all round you can swap the indicator relay (under the riders seat)to run all four LED's.

Why you have two resistors seems weird............ Must be two low wattage resistors ????

I would install it as per Rizoma's instructions, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck.

Name:  Led wiring diagram.jpg
Views: 6116
Size:  69.3 KB
    Gargoyle's Tourer.

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tete View Post
    Yes, I have exactly those Track 77's installed all around. Personally I don't understand why someone wants to mess around with the resistors, since it's so much easier to switch the relay. Costs about 20 €.
    But if you do, you have to use all the resistors that came with the indicators, since the CB has 21W bulbs in the original ones...
    Thanks mate..Yeah switching the relay is the easiest and less complicated way..But i want to keep the originals on the rear for now..Hopefully someone has this set up and can tell me it works ok without resistors or changing the relay..I have mini LED's now on the front with no resistors and it works fine..I don't want to try it and blow a bulb or something worse..

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    You must have enough resistance to fool the indicator relay to thinking it's running two 21w bulbs, otherwise the flash rate will be wrong. (Fast).

If you have LED indicators all round you can swap the indicator relay (under the riders seat)to run all four LED's.

Why you have two resistors seems weird............ Must be two low wattage resistors ????

I would install it as per Rizoma's instructions, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck.

Name:  Led wiring diagram.jpg
Views: 6116
Size:  69.3 KB

Thanks Gargy for your diagram..It is a little different compared to Rizomas diagram..But i'm sure it would work just the same..Like you said the resistors supplied with mine must be of a low wattage and therefore the need to double up..It's just a lot to tuck behind the headlight and i was hoping someone has had success without resistors while having the original bulb type on the rear of bike..The flash rate is normal as i have it now with 2 LED's on front,and normal on back..That's how i would like to fit the new ones but not sure if it will blow the bulbs..
    Do you think it would safe just to try it without resistors first?.
    Are the resistors there only to slow the flash rate or do they also alter the power to the bulb?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    hey lads
    What type of new relay would you put in for the LEd indicators instead of having all the ressitors
    2010 Sienna red CB1000r Xtreme,Pro fibre hugger,chain guard,swingarm cover and front mudguard,Pro Bolt Red Full monty Kit,Rizoma Grips,HID Main & full beam,Akra Can & Decat,Single seat cowl,Rizoma indicators,Pazzo levers,GI Pro Gear indicator,HEL Braided line( Brakes & clutch)and lots more to come:-)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is what I have on mine...
    Name:  c9c7ef995ad4e8558449d740b6a18fc9_1.jpg
Views: 1246
Size:  58.8 KB
    Last edited by Tete; 08-15-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    I did mine with the relay replacement as well...

Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play

Name:  LED-Flasher-Relay-front-wbg.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  12.4 KB
    2011 CB1000R Pearl Black
    2006 ST1300 (road pig)
    2004 VFR800 (R.I.P.)

Yosh R-77D Carbon fiber 3/4 System, R & G frame sliders, solo seat cowl, Beowulf radiator grille, R & G Tidy Tail, LED integrated tail light, LED flush indicators.

Sponsored Links