Dyno Tune with Yoshi R-77 Better Than I Expected..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times

Dyno Tune with Yoshi R-77 Better Than I Expected..

Well i am very excited with the results from my Dyno tune today..I now have 124.36 HP to play with and this is with the baffle in..The ride home was awesome as the increases in horespower and torque was very noticeable..I'm so glad i finally got this done and i'm looking forward to a good hard ride now..Name:  DSCN2895.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  90.6 KBName:  DSCN2891.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  92.7 KBName:  DSCN2893.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  88.7 KBName:  DSCN2892.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  92.9 KBI noticed he forgot to put the R on the end of CB1000R on the graph but that's ok..
    Last edited by Jaydee; 03-05-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Good power that mate

Need to get mine to the dyno to see what she is putting out and check all is running well.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Are those results just with the new exhaust or do oyu have other goodies we should know about?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Carbon akra yielded similar results. Was four years ago but off the top of my head I think it was 120 bhp ish about 9 ish of an increase from stock? Anyways I agree. Was expensive but well worth it. Would almost certainly have sold on by now without the upgrade. Enjoy.

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jampy00 View Post
    Are those results just with the new exhaust or do oyu have other goodies we should know about?
    I do have a K&N air filter fitted and i always run premium fuel(98 octane)..Also the guy who did the tune is well experienced and knows what he's doing..(a few trophies under his belt)I believe experience is what can make a big difference..
    Also my Yoshi R-77 is the newer version with a slightly longer pipe before the can..Maybe that made a difference too..

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    I do have a K&N air filter fitted and i always run premium fuel(98 octane)..Also the guy who did the tune is well experienced and knows what he's doing..(a few trophies under his belt)I believe experience is what can make a big difference..
    Also my Yoshi R-77 is the newer version with a slightly longer pipe before the can..Maybe that made a difference too..
    Hi there; Octane rating of fuel. Do you know what the rating means ?? Unless you raise the compression above standard on the CB 1,000 R there's no benefit above 95 octane.

The higher rating resists self combustion ( Knock ) but adds no extra energy to the burn.

Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    Hi there; Octane rating of fuel. Do you know what the rating means ?? Unless you raise the compression above standard on the CB 1,000 R there's no benefit above 95 octane.

The higher rating resists self combustion ( Knock ) but adds no extra energy to the burn.

I know that 98 is higher than 95..
    But seriously,maybe i can save some money on fuel if the higher octane dosen't do much for performance..Thanks for the info Colvert..

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    Owners Handbook: Use unleaded petrol with a research octane number of 91 or higher.

If “spark knock,” or “pinking” occurs at a steady engine speed under normal load, change brands of petrol. If spark knock or pinking persists, consult your Honda dealer.

As noted up there, UK pumps provide 95 ron as standard but 98 ron won't do it any harm at all - as COLVERT suggests it's when you start tuning the motors and the compression, that the higher octane (ie slower burn rate fuel) becomes necessary

BUT IMHO there's no reason NOT to use it - just watch out for knocking / pinging with either, although I do believe that the CB has elements of automatic ignition / retard built into its system to help deal with this ...

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sovrec View Post
    Owners Handbook: Use unleaded petrol with a research octane number of 91 or higher.

If “spark knock,” or “pinking” occurs at a steady engine speed under normal load, change brands of petrol. If spark knock or pinking persists, consult your Honda dealer.

As noted up there, UK pumps provide 95 ron as standard but 98 ron won't do it any harm at all - as COLVERT suggests it's when you start tuning the motors and the compression, that the higher octane (ie slower burn rate fuel) becomes necessary

BUT IMHO there's no reason NOT to use it - just watch out for knocking / pinging with either, although I do believe that the CB has elements of automatic ignition / retard built into its system to help deal with this ...
    Well i think i might ask my dyno tuner what he thinks about the fuel rating and whether i should keep using the 98 or not..It was tuned with the 98 octane fuel being run through it at the time...

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    It's a naked cb 1000r if you want performance buy a zx 10
    Knee down you know it makes sense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links