I use Asda rated fuel.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCarpetCrawler View Post
    I use Asda rated fuel.
    That's not really giving much away-----or is it a secret ??? --
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Markcb1000r View Post
    It's a naked cb 1000r if you want performance buy a zx 10
    I sold a ZX-10R to buy the CB1000R. Did I EVER use the ZX's 162.5 BHP on public roads? NEVER!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    Well i am very excited with the results from my Dyno tune today..I now have 124.36 HP to play with and this is with the baffle in..The ride home was awesome as the increases in horespower and torque was very noticeable..I'm so glad i finally got this done and i'm looking forward to a good hard ride now..Attachment 16034Attachment 16035Attachment 16036Attachment 16037I noticed he forgot to put the R on the end of CB1000R on the graph but that's ok..
    Nice! Oh have you noticed the USA CB1000R dyno results? 108 BHP etc. Their bikes are CARB enforced for emissions. I noticed some Euro dyno for stockers reading 115 BHP. So that 124.36 for a pipe & filter sounds SPOT ON! I'd do it but years of track work has made me allergic to ear plugs. I'd have a frigging headache in 30 minutes. LOL

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I know that 98 is higher than 95..
    But seriously,maybe i can save some money on fuel if the higher octane doesn't do much for performance..Thanks for the info Colvert..
    The bonus? 98 has additives. Fuel injector cleaner and carbon deposit removers amongst others. BP Ultimate 98, Caltex Vortex 98 etc all have these. Vastly superior to the bog standard 91 junk. Smoother running, easier starting are just a couple benefits that come to mind. Yes 98 has LESS energy than 91 octane but it GUARANTEES knock free running. CB1000R still has 11.2:1 compression. Trust me that IS a high compression engine. Check out something like a GSX1400 or an FJ1300. What are they? 9.5:1? Now they truly won't benefit from 98 other than the cleaning additives.....

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sovrec View Post
    Owners Handbook: Use unleaded petrol with a research octane number of 91 or higher.

If “spark knock,” or “pinking” occurs at a steady engine speed under normal load, change brands of petrol. If spark knock or pinking persists, consult your Honda dealer.

As noted up there, UK pumps provide 95 ron as standard but 98 ron won't do it any harm at all - as COLVERT suggests it's when you start tuning the motors and the compression, that the higher octane (ie slower burn rate fuel) becomes necessary

BUT IMHO there's no reason NOT to use it - just watch out for knocking / pinging with either, although I do believe that the CB has elements of automatic ignition / retard built into its system to help deal with this ...
    If you use 98 exclusively on 11.2:1 CB1000R engine it will NEVER ping! It will simply run like a jet! Remember. You gets whats you pay for. Cheap fuel? Not for my baby! :-))

Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ojdude View Post
    The bonus? 98 has additives. Fuel injector cleaner and carbon deposit removers amongst others. BP Ultimate 98, Caltex Vortex 98 etc all have these. Vastly superior to the bog standard 91 junk. Smoother running, easier starting are just a couple benefits that come to mind. Yes 98 has LESS energy than 91 octane but it GUARANTEES knock free running. CB1000R still has 11.2:1 compression. Trust me that IS a high compression engine. Check out something like a GSX1400 or an FJ1300. What are they? 9.5:1? Now they truly won't benefit from 98 other than the cleaning additives.....
    Exactly what my dyno guy said..It keeps the bike running smooth and clean..No need for injector cleaner if this fuel is used all the time..
    And for 5 cents a litre more than 95 octane,filling up will only cost 85 cents more per 17 litres..I have always used this fuel(BP ULTIMATE 98) in my cars and bikes so i'm not going to change now as i have never ever had any problem..
    Thanks for your info everyone..

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Exactly what my dyno guy said..It keeps the bike running smooth and clean..No need for injector cleaner if this fuel is used all the time..
    And for 5 cents a litre more than 95 octane,filling up will only cost 85 cents more per 17 litres..I have always used this fuel(BP ULTIMATE 98) in my cars and bikes so i'm not going to change now as i have never ever had any problem..
    Thanks for your info everyone..
    Jaydee's dyno guy is correct. Any doubters? Maybe. Take your chances if you will. But like Jaydee I will pay the "tiny" premium to use a better grade of fuel for one of the finest Honda's EVER made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links