Smoked turn lens mod for US-spec bikes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Smoked turn lens mod for US-spec bikes

If you guys noticed, the 2011 CBR1000RR uses the same shaped turn signal lens as our bikes. Since the amber lenses are so hideous, I decided to order the smoked grey ones off the CBR. Here are the part numbers. You can order the lens in two ways--alone or with a new screw. Sometimes one part number is easier to get than the other. My package came mixed even though I ordered lens only. Either way, they about $10 each.

33602-MFL-307 (right side w/ screw)
    33602-MFL-405 (right side w/o screw)
    33652-MFL-307 (left side w/ screw)
    33652-MFL-405 (left side w/o screw)

You need two rights and two lefts. You also need amber colored lights to replace your clear ones. You need two dual filament bulbs for the front two lenses and two single filament bulbs for the rear. The bulbs listed on the CBR1000RR microfiche are single filament since these lenses are only fitted on the rear of those bikes.

The bulbs and lenses are a direct replacement except for one thing. Honda has put a semi-circular tab (see below) on the lens. The position of this tab on the amber and smoked lens is different. You have to cut the tab off on the smoked lens to fit onto the CB1000R.

"Fixation is the way to death, fluidity is the way to life." — Miyamoto Musashi

Member #
    Thank's for this info, I was just looking at pictures and saying to myself I need to get the smoked turn signal lenses for mine as I think that the ambers are hideous!!!! I will definetly be looking into this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the tip. Mind posting pics of your bike with the smoked?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I also wonder if we can just order the euro CB1k smoke lenses for a direct bolt-on without any mods?

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Actually the Euro lenses are a different shape to conform to E-code standards. Our American ones have teardrop shaped DOT lenses. Clipping the tab is very easy to do btw. The challenge is finding amber bulbs for the front. The clear stock bulbs are 5/21W double filament. It's close to impossible to find an amber bulb in 5/21W. I just got ones that are close (8/25W?). You can get clear orange paint from a hobby shop and color your existing clear ones. So far my higher wattage bulbs have been working fine.

"Fixation is the way to death, fluidity is the way to life." — Miyamoto Musashi

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KNSK View Post
    If you guys noticed, the 2011 CBR1000RR uses the same shaped turn signal lens as our bikes. Since the amber lenses are so hideous, I decided to order the smoked grey ones off the CBR. Here are the part numbers. You can order the lens in two ways--alone or with a new screw. Sometimes one part number is easier to get than the other. My package came mixed even though I ordered lens only. Either way, they about $10 each.

33602-MFL-307 (right side w/ screw)
    33602-MFL-405 (right side w/o screw)
    33652-MFL-307 (left side w/ screw)
    33652-MFL-405 (left side w/o screw)

You need two rights and two lefts. You also need amber colored lights to replace your clear ones. You need two dual filament bulbs for the front two lenses and two single filament bulbs for the rear. The bulbs listed on the CBR1000RR microfiche are single filament since these lenses are only fitted on the rear of those bikes.

The bulbs and lenses are a direct replacement except for one thing. Honda has put a semi-circular tab (see below) on the lens. The position of this tab on the amber and smoked lens is different. You have to cut the tab off on the smoked lens to fit onto the CB1000R.

I apologize for reviving an old thread, but I can't seem to find any front smoked turn signals elsewhere. KNSK, when I looked up those models they only show up as clear lenses. How did you get them smoked? Also, why 2 of each?

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    No need to apologize, it's better than starting a new thread, IMO.

I love this mod. It makes a big difference in looks for minimal effort while using OEM parts.

Order two 33602-MFL-307 and two 33652-MFL-307. If memory serves, the other numbers are discontinued, anyways.

The lenses are very lightly smoked and look nearly clear in the bag, but do look darker once you have them attached to the black turn signal housings.

Don't forget to get some amber bulbs! Either order CBR bulbs, or pick up some at any automotive parts store. Even Walmart will have them. Dual filament for the front and single filament for the rear.

This is what you will get...

If the amber bothers you, they make bulbs that look silver/chrome, but light up amber.

Name:  1157silvervision.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  8.0 KB
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    I'll dig through my email and try to find when I ordered these for mine.... If I find it, I'll post back... I went with the chrome bulbs that flash amber, makes a big difference

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    and heres a pic with the chrome bulbs

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    lenses are same as above

33602-MFL-307
    33652-MFL-307

and bulbs are 1156 and 1157, chrome bulbs

I ordered the lenses from Partzilla, and the bulbs from Ebay