Something completely different than my CB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Something completely different than my CB

On the ninth of November I going to pick up my new bike.
    Something completely different than the CB, never had one before.

Name:  BC7E627E-1663-412B-A454-C633385FB4AD.jpeg
Views: 127
Size:  255.7 KB

Maybe I like it.

Member #
    Nice you will like it. It is a completely different ride. I've always ridden Honda sport bikes for years with no plans on riding one. And then 2 months ago a Harley fell into my lap so I purchased it. An 02 1200. It now stays with my CB in the garage for when I get an itch. The CB is the performance machine, where as that is the loud cruiser. Just don't expect it to be anywhere near as fast / smooth as the CB haha but it is still a good ride!

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Willem View Post
    On the ninth of November I going to pick up my new bike.
    Something completely different than the CB, never had one before.

Maybe I like it.
    I'm sure you will. A totally different life style. Gives you a chance to see the country side too.

Don't forget to make a map of all the local garages though as that ONE GALLON tank won't go too far.---
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    each to their own I suppose, but based on the single day I spent on a Harley, I was appalled by the mechanical crudeness, discomfort at speed, and general lack of riding responsiveness on offer. but the paint was lovely!
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaMark View Post
    Nice you will like it. It is a completely different ride. I've always ridden Honda sport bikes for years with no plans on riding one. And then 2 months ago a Harley fell into my lap so I purchased it. An 02 1200. It now stays with my CB in the garage for when I get an itch. The CB is the performance machine, where as that is the loud cruiser. Just don't expect it to be anywhere near as fast / smooth as the CB haha but it is still a good ride!
    I’m jus curious about how does it feel to ride one of these bikes, my brother has one that started out just like this one but over the years it turned into a lot of modifications, not for performance just to make it look cooler. In his opinion, in my opinion it isn’t. Now if we ride together I don’t need to wait half of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    I'm sure you will. A totally different life style. Gives you a chance to see the country side too.

Don't forget to make a map of all the local garages though as that ONE GALLON tank won't go too far.---
    hahaha, this is not the 0,5 liter peanut tank. Most Harleys do more kilometres to the liter than my bikes. I always have to put gas in the tank sooner than my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    each to their own I suppose, but based on the single day I spent on a Harley, I was appalled by the mechanical crudeness, discomfort at speed, and general lack of riding responsiveness on offer. but the paint was lovely!
    I’ll have to find out for myself.

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Now if we ride together I don’t need to wait half of the time.

It sounds like you already purchased one and I really don't want to shit in your shower, but Doser already did so here goes...

Dude, just rent one.

I used to want a Harley. My wife and I ended up renting one for a vacation weekend in Florida. That experience broke me from wanting a Harley. We did have fun...at first. The power was ok and it was beautiful, but miserable in every other way after about 30 minutes of riding. We were actually happy when our time was up and we had to return that coarse thing.
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DELuth View Post

It sounds like you already purchased one and I really don't want to shit in your shower, but Doser already did so here goes...

Dude, just rent one.

I used to want a Harley. My wife and I ended up renting one for a vacation weekend in Florida. That experience broke me from wanting a Harley. We did have fun...at first. The power was ok and it was beautiful, but miserable in every other way after about 30 minutes of riding. We were actually happy when our time was up and we had to return that coarse thing.
    As I was saying, on the ninth of November I am going to pick this bike up from the dealer so please do use my shower as a toilet.
    First, my wife doesn’t like these bikes, second the power compared to what I’m used to is shit but so was the CB1000R at first and now I have that fixed. This type of bikes can’t be fixed, you have to accept the way they are.
    I guess I’m just a bit more stubborn than you are.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Willem.---You found the CB 1,000 that bad at first ???--( Shit you say. )

With a bit of slick gear changing the CB will get to around 60 in three seconds and 100 in less than 9.

You must be talking about track use because the CB's performance on public roads can get you banned in no time at all.--

I find it hard, if I'm trying, to keep the front wheel on the road in first and second and only just touching in third.

After that it's as I said----------------------Then-----from public roads.---
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    How on earth does it take you 6 seconds from 60 to 100? Are you falling asleep?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    Willem.---You found the CB 1,000 that bad at first ???--( Shit you say. )

With a bit of slick gear changing the CB will get to around 60 in three seconds and 100 in less than 9.

You must be talking about track use because the CB's performance on public roads can get you banned in no time at all.--

I find it hard, if I'm trying, to keep the front wheel on the road in first and second and only just touching in third.

After that it's as I said----------------------Then-----from public roads.---
    When you buy a cb coming from a cruiser you would think “whoaaa what a powerful and fast bike this is”. Coming from an SC57 Fireblade, even in original trim, you soon notice that the engine is smothered and that it is choked from everything it needs. It felt like my old Yamaha YZF 750R having a bad day.
    Only lifelines you get is from the start because of the small front sprocket. Maybe you like that, maybe you don’t, i didn’t. But I love the looks of the bike and I already knew that I would fix that. First we went on holiday to England and I had already ordered the pieces I needed to cure this asthmatic kid. On public roads 80cc mopeds can get you banned but I’m not that kind of hooligan.
    Now with all the restrictions moved and given more fuel and air the engine comes more to life and with a one tooth bigger front sprocket it’s more what I think it should have been.
    In my other topic about my cb you see what result I have gotten by simple modifications. A decat, air filter , exhaust, sprocket and a RapidBike evo.

Remind, this is what I like, you don’t have to agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links