Honda CB1000R Forum

Crispy's 2018 CB1000R "The Anvil"- Plans, mods, pics, trips, tracks and stuff

Thread: Crispy's 2018 CB1000R "The Anvil"- Plans, mods, pics, trips, tracks and stuff

Tags: 2018 cb1000r, neo sport cafe, nsc

Crispy said:
    Name:  8436BCE7-81EA-477A-9EAC-41879B1F7D03.jpeg
Views: 208
Size:  1.48 MB

Tomorrow’s project

Crispy said:
    HEL Performance lines fitted and bled. Much to my surprise the fitting is trickier and more fiddly than the bleeding. The HEL lines fit perfectly, the only trouble I encountered was my stumpy fingers not fitting in some of the smaller spaces where bolts and banjo bolts needed lining up precisely to avoid any chance of crossing threads. Everything is buttoned up and looks great. Can’t wait to take the Anvil out for a spin tomorrow!

Name:  9C61BB0D-992D-431C-9AE3-5685DF6F1E10.jpeg
Views: 200
Size:  2.17 MB

Ghostrider.1127 said:
    We will love some pictures about,,,,

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Crispy said:
    Had a play with making a stylised CB1000R illustration/logo/icon. Turned out pretty nice

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 21.58.23.png
Views: 159
Size:  434.1 KB

holgi4478 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Had a play with making a stylised CB1000R illustration/logo/icon. Turned out pretty nice

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 21.58.23.png
Views: 159
Size:  434.1 KB
    Love this!

Crispy said:
    Quote Originally Posted by holgi4478 View Post
    Love this!
    Thanks mate

Crispy said:
    No real updates on the CB1000r for a little while as I've been prepping my new KTM 450 SMR for the upcoming season. Now that's all ready bar the graphics I can think about the last few things to sort on The Anvil.

First up is I've ordered a Nitron R1 rear shock with the spring weighted for me. Didn't see the need to get the R2 or the R3, as even though I do venture onto track occasionally, it's 99% of the time my road bike. The stock rear shock is poop so I'm really looking forward to this upgrade.

Second is a front screen. The official meter visor is just for aesthetics and won't offer any sort of wind deflection or protection. I've seen on the CB1000R NSC Facebook page that a chap has fitted the smoked screen from the CB650R with the use of the brackets from the CB1000R meter visor. Now I know it's not a huge screen and it's going to be no Goldwing but every little will help on the upcoming road trips I have planned. I've ordered the parts from Thunder Road Honda and should be with me next week. I'll get it fitted up and post up pictures.
    Name:  honda-cb650r-smoked-windshield.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  18.2 KB
    DynoJet visit tonight....

oldcorollas said:
    keen to see how that screen looks when fitted

Crispy said:
    ...also got some little carbon goodies on their way too!

Crispy said:
    Bought some matte black vinyl wrap to have a play with. Wrapped the silver headlight surround trim. Looks sweet but holy shit! What a ball ache!
    Attached Images