OCs '18 CB - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: OCs '18 CB

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You do not need to remove the tank also on the CB , lot of space to work on the connector on the left side when the airbox ally cover is off

Member #
    good score on getting one cheaper $960 rrp is steep, but $1200 is just rude...

yup, i did lift the front of the tank 4 or 5 inches.. partially just to see what was under it

really really like the QS. the blip downshift is pretty much perfect, but the upshifts were a little off to begin with.
    kind of seems like some ECU learning going on, (or rider learning ) as it seems to upshift smoother in all conditions as time went on.

and yup, paid retail (fitted myself) but it transforms the bike.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas View Post
    good score on getting one cheaper $960 rrp is steep, but $1200 is just rude...

yup, i did lift the front of the tank 4 or 5 inches.. partially just to see what was under it

really really like the QS. the blip downshift is pretty much perfect, but the upshifts were a little off to begin with.
    kind of seems like some ECU learning going on, (or rider learning ) as it seems to upshift smoother in all conditions as time went on.

and yup, paid retail (fitted myself) but it transforms the bike.
    Yeah, I followed the instructions to the letter and removed the tank, which in reality I would have gotten away by lifting the front up as you and Ghostrider have said. Wasn’t a bad experience though. You’re right, down shift is fine, up shifts are sometimes quite rough. It is the same on both bikes I have, however the up shift on the Fireblade seems to shift smoother at higher rpm and the CB up shifts smoother at lower rpm, weird. Hopefully it is ecu learning or something like you said and smooths out over time. The Fireblade has more settings for the QS to play with though which the CB doesn’t. It has made the shifting considerably better since playing around with it.
    Not complaining, the CB with a QS is the way to go, highly recommended to others thinking about it.
    Last edited by Apri11; 02-07-2019 at 04:05 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    after about 1000k's with it fitted, the only times it is not good is with too little throttle at lower rpm, but even then it is 90% good.. just the occasional rider error
    high throttle and mid to high revs it is smoooth.. did not start out that way
    i'm happy to use it on throttle through corners without upsetting the bike now... and downshifts leaned over as well (as long as the bike is actually decelerating at the time)

also cruising throttle is usually ok, but occasionally is a little jerky from engine inertia (but the shift itself is fine)
    the cut time definitely varies with RPM.. can be quite long at low rpm, but usually that is ok as you are not opening throttle so much.
    Last edited by oldcorollas; 02-07-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Member #
    Yesterday.. lots of salt fog coming over the beach
    Name:  Beach-pic.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  436.1 KB

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas View Post
    not happy with the mirror mounts/bar weights.. fair bit of vibration at cruising revs
    could be because the inner bar weights are vibrating with a pivot point of the expanding alloy sleeve...

Honda end weights are about 92g.
    just ordered these, at 250g each. ($40, RatedRparts on ebay)
    they are 33mm OD, and the mirror clamps are 31.5, so should be easy to remove the 0.7mm needed to slip the mirror mounts over the inner side.

also thinking to make up some stuff for the bar inner, with much closer fit to the 17.5mm ID, and a few additional Viton o-rings to hold it in position firmly, but still allow removal...

Attachment 45982

the weights turned up.. they are legit good quality, and good value
    ground down the inner area so the mirror clamps fit. (from 33 to 31.5mm.. bench grinder, no lathe unfortunately)
    made a decent difference to bar vibration. not gone, but less, almost tolerable

maybe should have gone 300g, or will try to add a bit more weight inside.. plus not really well secured atm.. using electrical tape to make up the diameter inside.. will grind/print something to suit.
    Last edited by oldcorollas; 02-21-2019 at 04:41 AM.

Member #
    printed up a spacer.. 17.5mm to go into the bar, the inner expander goes in about 5mm, outer 22mm bit to space the mirror out.

Name:  print1.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  57.5 KB
    Name:  print2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  136.7 KB

Member #
    Nice job!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Sponsored Links