Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Dave's new bike.

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Dave H 
#1 ·
Sorry I haven't been on here very much at all lately, have been very busy with work, too much !
I still have my CB but recently sold my two smaller bikes and after some saving up I bought this just over a week ago, a new Suzuki GSXS1000F. :D
First impressions are that the handling is exceptionally good even on stock settings, firmer than the CB yet still compliant and it inspires confidence.
Also the stock exhaust sounds [and looks] surprisingly good IMO, although I'm limited to 5000rpm for the 1st 500 miles [Quite strict and specific running in recommendations for nowadays ?] the engine has loads of low down torque and I can tell it will be great when fully run in.
So far I've fitted a tail tidy,seat cowl [also removed rear footrests] and a MRA DB sports screen, not sure about this yet as it's bigger than expected but I'm warming to it. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes that's a bit unusual, having said that they do work very well.

#6 ·
Yes fairly new but the naked version has been around longer, around a year now I think ?

#10 ·
Thanks Mel, yeah very true. :D

#11 ·
Here's a couple of up to date pics of the Suzuki, it now has a better [IMO] looking screen, Ermax hugger, c/f side panels and a Mivv 'double gun' titanium end can which I really like. :D
The CB is still being well looked after too and I'll post a picture or two soon- she'll be 9 in July. :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Attachments

#13 ·
nice bike :cool:

#16 ·
Thanks Mel, and everyone else who replied for the nice comments. Yeah I really like it, as standard exhausts go it wasn't bad but I like this look better. And it's a lot lighter, that'll help compensate for my 14 stone. :rolleyes::D

#17 ·
Thanks mate, a lot of owners complain about a snatchy 'on/off' throttle and it's been discussed extensively, there's even a different ECU available from Suzuki if you complain about it. But a lot of people also think some bikes come from the factory with the TPS slightly out of adjustment and this can cause the fuelling issues. But mine is absolutely fine, you really feel the power difference over the CB around 7k revs, it takes off like a rocket then and also sounds very sweet ! :D

#18 ·
This was one of the bikes on my short list when I was looking to change. Sadly my local Suzuki dealer, who had a demo bike on the road, was so unhelpful arranging a test ride I just gave up on it!

It is a really good looking bike mate, the colour scheme really suits it. I hope it gives you as many years pleasure as the Honda has ;)

#19 ·
Thanks mate , shame the dealer was like that but it's not uncommon to have unhelpful people in bike dealerships, makes you wonder how some stay in business ! I intend to have plenty of fun once we get some half decent weather. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.