Honda CB1000R Forum banner

my cbr 1k /bimmer1kR

42K views 180 replies 34 participants last post by  oldcorollas 
#1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle fairing Car

2014 sp

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Red

Spend lot of money for them in the last years...

See less See more
#4 ·
Haha, I thought same thing, but his avatar is a CB1k, so I'm thinking just showing off all the other rides.

Ghostrider, you've got some nice bikes. I had an 06 and an 07 CBR1000RR and really enjoyed them (obviously, I had 2 identical bikes haha). A part of me want a new CBR1000RR, but I wont get one. I've had enough CBR's over the years, and I still thoroughly enjoy my CB1k, which so happens to have the same motor as the 06/07 lol, well, more or less the same.

#3 ·
yes for sure , as U see the first white one is a cb1000r
will post few pictures also of her when i can move out the others , cause at the moment i have quite lot of snow in the garden :cry
sorry for that !

#7 · (Edited)
well:
the sp is a track bike , with thin seat /clip ons position ; got a good engine with no much low grunt (but is also fully tuned with ported head , hrc camshaft and spings ,full akra,and so on)

for the sc57 2004 i had first the idea to convert in something like that (after more than 6000 euro in parts only in the 2015 i m pretty happy with her)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Automotive exhaust

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Rim

than i bought the cb..... :thumbup
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

when U start the bmw she s got a really noisy engine not to compare with hondas or suzukis (i own aswell lot of suzys)
So noisy sure u will think something is gonna explode (bike is pretty new with 1200 km :D)
If i must compare to the cb1k with s1k would say ( the cb is already heavy tuned)
pro :
got lot of bling bling ,heated grips , tc ,cruise control , eletr. suspension, more maps , QS and so on
kick your ass with lot of hp
build with quality like honda in the 90`(i know what i m saying)

contra:
steering ratio is ducatis
feel really big and actually is bigger
clutch lever is designed by some retard
it s a bmw

#12 ·
That s part of my job since YEARS, for that I have also access at huge discount for parts/ bikes and related
I own currently 39 bikes , most of them are gsx-r sacs (got for bag of nuts in the years)
And ,at the end i drive more miles with bikes for job than my own bikes :(

p.s. i even do not own a shed , in fact in the pictures U can see my kitchen :D

#11 ·
Story time: Years ago my wife wrecked her track bike. I searched CL for a new one. Found a nice one, called the guy to inquire about the bike for sale, and he asks "Which one?" I laugh and tell him the "CBR600RR". We come to a deal, and I drive out to pick it up. Big house in a neighborhood full of big houses. Definitely a higher end neighborhood. Anyways, I walk up to house assuming bike would be in the garage. My mistake. We walk into backyard, and there's a good size shed, bigger than most sheds I've seen, but hardly barn size. You'd never know so much was inside. He opens door, and there had to be a good 15 bikes inside. All tightly parked and require some slick moving around to get to them all, but still. I was impressed! He said his wife told him he had too many and to sell some lol.

Life goals lol.

#13 ·
took home also my new gsx-s 1000
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

#14 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Red

Bought another new motorbike
A Zero SR
Nice toy for the city

#16 ·
Feel light , But due Huge battery monolith is near 180 kg

#18 ·
Tail tidy, signals, brakes , mirrors

#20 ·
Got an huge discount ( ok still lot of money)
Well let say I wanna test also this way of mobility

#22 ·
Personally do not own a car driver license
Range is sure a bit a pita

#23 ·
bought yesterday an MT10 in black , 6 weeks waiting time
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

#25 ·
did bit shopping:
cb1000r frame (will try to fit/mod. a cbr1000rr 06 engine without use my reg. frame ,cb1000r 2017 DIY)
new rear wilbers shock for the gsx-s1000
Oem r1 2016 nissin radial -akra-quickshifter- gilles rear set and passenger pegs for Mt10
an used hornet 600 2010 with 6600 km (just cause was too cheaper to say no)

busy as hell ....

#33 ·
#28 · (Edited)
mt10 arrived two weeks ago , not all parts are here
trying to finish the gsx-s1000 before
Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Car

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine

Fitted also ( as usually ) a garmin
Pc5 mapped with quickshifter

#29 ·
May tomorrow I will pick up the MT
But ... I bought also a Tuono 1100 factory yesterday :D

#35 ·
yesterday used the cb

today i got the MT Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.