Ticking noise... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #

Re: Ticking noise...

Yep, that'd work BUT I need it in A1 condition as it's going soon. Can't fault the bike, I've had two and I've had great fun on them all over Europe but I'm planning my winter project... I don't think it'll be my last CB1000R, they are a great bike, probably the best all round naked and I have riden them all including the new Tuono.
    Traction control is for women

Member #

Re: Ticking noise...

Is it coming from just above the engine block by any chance ?

When you ride past a solid object, car / wall etc, is it rebounded back louder ?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Ticking noise

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor Biggun View Post
    Yep, that'd work BUT I need it in A1 condition as it's going soon. Can't fault the bike, I've had two and I've had great fun on them all over Europe but I'm planning my winter project... I don't think it'll be my last CB1000R, they are a great bike, probably the best all round naked and I have riden them all including the new Tuono.
    Sorry but I in I've missed something. What worked? The open pipe? Can u elaborate for a newbie, as I am also suffering wit the ticking noise issue. So far my second hand 2010 (10k on clock) has been back to dobles 3 times since purchase. They have changed the cam chain tensioner, the exhaust pipes, they have stripped the engine and rebuilt and finally replaced the fuel injector covers.

They have reassured me that the noise isn't anything t be concerned about and have offered me an extension on my warranty of 6 months, originally 3 but I explained that as is winter I wouldn't be riding that often.

I find the ticking noise ver annoying. I really like the bike and his is such a let down. I'd love to find a solution, but given that dobles can't figure it out what chance do I have?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member SouthamptonCB1000R's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnorthernal View Post
    Sorry but I in I've missed something. What worked? The open pipe? Can u elaborate for a newbie, as I am also suffering wit the ticking noise issue. So far my second hand 2010 (10k on clock) has been back to dobles 3 times since purchase. They have changed the cam chain tensioner, the exhaust pipes, they have stripped the engine and rebuilt and finally replaced the fuel injector covers.

They have reassured me that the noise isn't anything t be concerned about and have offered me an extension on my warranty of 6 months, originally 3 but I explained that as is winter I wouldn't be riding that often.

I find the ticking noise ver annoying. I really like the bike and his is such a let down. I'd love to find a solution, but given that dobles can't figure it out what chance do I have?
    My 2012 with 9k miles has just started ticking on the left hand side of the rocker cover. its doing my head in! is this where other people have heard the noise from? i would take it in for warranty but i use it everyday

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    My engine is ridiculously loud, I think it's normal. It sounds like a damn tractor, not very impressed as well. I just wear ear plugs!

Junior Member SouthamptonCB1000R's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    My engine is ridiculously loud, I think it's normal. It sounds like a damn tractor, not very impressed as well. I just wear ear plugs!
    As most people say, a loud exhaust is always a good fix for a rattly engine!

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnorthernal View Post

Afraid you are asking questions of someone who hasn't been on the forum for nearly two years.

Attachment 16467
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    My 08 CB600F Hornet made the same noise at 8000klms. My brothers 08 CB900F Hornet does it. Both bikes were checked by a top race mechanic who could not diagnose the noise but said he did not think it serious. He kinda suggested to keep riding and that if it were serious it should get progressively louder and become easier to diagnose.
    This is the my mad German mechanic friend on his heavily modded Z1000. It has NOS, quick shifters up & down as well as air shifter for dragging. He bought the bike new in 1988.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=je130M1...%3Dje130M1asSw
    Last edited by ACole; 07-10-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    My Ride South Island Adventure Ride
    Stable: KLXs 250(Lots of Mods), Yamaha XT660R, CB1000R

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    I would remove the chain tensioner, and flush the old oil out, with new oil and reinstall, to see if that's it?

Member #
    Has anyone solved the problem with ticking noise around oil pump?

Ticking like crazy...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links