Winter & regular starting. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    No harm to be done by periodically starting your bike providing it is run up to temperature before shutting off.
    Run until fans kick in....let them cycle off....and let them kick in a second time.
    Done.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I think there may be less issues with the starting regularly approach.
    Last edited by tucksie; 01-31-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Well due to personal issues and not wanting to sell the bike, it's been kept in the garage for just over 3 years.
    kept on a stand with reduced tyre pressures. Trickle charge left on and bike under breathable cover.
    I start it up and go through gears. Once cooling fan runs, then stops, it,s all turned off and covered back up.
    ..so far had no issues at all...even the petrol still good!
    The red joker

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Well, all the above ideas seem to have worked so take your pick.---
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tucksie View Post
    Being a fair weather biker, the bike has long periods of no use, maybe many weeks, at this time of year. The bike is garaged and the battery charged regularly. Do those of you in a similar situation give the bike a start and warm through occasionally or just leave it until you ride it again? It appears from some investigations that there maybe benefits and drawbacks to either option.
    Thanks
    Living in Texas I ride year round. Just got back from an 80 mile ride with temp at 33 F. I know this is impossible to do in other parts of the USA and abroad, so as others have said I would just roll her around a bit while letting her fans cycle a couple times and battery tender. I do this every winter to my 919 (no heated grips like cb100r) and it appreciates it! But what the heck do I know? Great ideas out here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Hamehead, you suck! Unfair, while we soak in our misty drizzle, or stare blankly out the window at snowbanks, to complain about riding in above-freezing temps. We want more misery... as company...
    piling the mileage on...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links