Sidestand Switch System Starting Woes
    Member #

Sidestand Switch System Starting Woes

Hi Folks
    Looking for some help from some of the seasoned pros...

I have the dreaded side stand switch system issues that I have been trying to resolve myself over recent months.
    Normal symptoms... Bike struggles to start with side stand down. Flip side stand up and it fires up without issue, but the engine warning light stays on. The bike rides sweetly without issue.

My challenge is I am trying to sell the bike and will not be able to do so with the Engine Management light on

So far, following the insights on the forum, I have replaced the side stand switch; replaced the diode; and upgraded to a higher spec battery. None of which has resolved the issue.
    So I'm at a bit of a loss, as from what I can tell, I have replaced everything on the circuit that could impact this.

Any thoughts?

Member #
    I assume when you try to start the engine with the bike on the side stand it is leaning to one side.

When you start it with the stand up I assume you are sitting on the bike and the bike is upright.

Now here is the long shot and not too likely.-------The lean angle sensor.---

BUT with the stand up it starts normally and with the stand down it's difficult to start.------ It REALLY has to be stand related.--( Cause and effect. ) Or something pulling on the wiring near to the stand. Making it connect or dis-connect as it moves.

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Find the DLC and jumper the brown and green wires with a paperclip or small wire. Count the long and/or short flashes. Long flashes are ten and short are one, i.e. two long flashes and one short flash would equal code 21.
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    The only other thing I did with mine after replacing the diode, which did improve the issue but not fully correct it, was clean out the killswitch, I took the assembly apart and liberally sprayed some WD40 while flipping the switch back and forth.

Now I have no idea if it had anything to do with it or what difference it would make, but the bike now starts fine.

I tested the old diode and it seemed to pass, with both routes measuring the same resistance with no reverse flow.

Member #
    Well, the OP asked a question nearly two weeks ago now but hasn't bothered to come back to read the answers to his post.

I will never understand folks like that.---

I suppose though he might have fallen of his bike so need to make allowances.-

Sponsored Links