CB1000R ABS regulator rectifier - removal help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

CB1000R ABS regulator rectifier - removal help.

hi all i need help on removal of the regulator rectifier abs model.. as i think i have been hit with the regulator rectifier failure..started with hot start issue so i changed the battery to brand new yuasa..all was fine then the other day i could not start the bike several times until i part opened the throttle and she fired up fine i then did 100mile round trip all ok stop start engine testing...so i have just ordered multimeter to test rectifier i jut need help understanding the removal process
    images below to - unscrew two bolts mounting the rectifier i have got the abs model you have to also unbolt the pcv bolt so what and where is that? i am not near the bike to look so i just dont want to go and check voltages and not know what the pcv bolt is..i hope its not the stator after testing the bike has 12.000 mile on it..any info would be great.. image below in manual to explain what i mean..thanks

Name:  DSC_3154.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  2.93 MB

Name:  DSC_3157.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  2.67 MB

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Name:  IMG_20180911_145418141.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  445.2 KB

My Bike

Member #
    thanks DELuth much appreciated.. i will let you know if the rectifier shot..

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    When you get your multi-meter can't you just test the charging system before you try to remove the rectifier ???

Check the voltage at the battery terminals with the engine ticking over. If you get around 14 volts then the alternator is working OK.

If you then rev the engine a little and the voltage remains about the same then the rectifier is also OK.

I hope I understood your post correctly and my post is relevant.------ ( could be Dementia kicking in on my part as I'm 81 today.-- )
    Last edited by COLVERT; 09-13-2018 at 05:21 AM.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    ( could be Dementia kicking in on my part as I'm 81 today.-- )
    well posted, for an old fella! happy birthday, sir!
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    well posted, for an old fella! happy birthday, sir!
    Thank you very much. You are a gentleman.------
    Last edited by COLVERT; 01-04-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tachyon67 View Post
    thanks DELuth much appreciated.. i will let you know if the rectifier shot..
    Any news yet about your rectifier ???
    Personal Disclaimer:

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    I see Tachyon67 looked in on the 3rd December. Not a word about his bike though.-------Promised a reply.
    Personal Disclaimer:

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Cause was the alternator not the rectifier.

Member #
    hi all sorry for the late reply i forgot just seen colverts message..my hot start problem looking into it rectifier taking it out seems impossible without removing all the parts stripping half the bike down abs RA model cb..so i decided to buy the new yuasa genuine battery £75 in uk honda padetts..i had cheaper lock version came on the bike 9500 mile know idea how old .same 190cc cranking power as yuasa spec honda recommended ..after using multimeter all was ok as should be on the battery..know hot starts issues at the end of last summer was very hot in uk when problem started ..but my thinking is the stator and rectifier issues could start from running the cb with cheaper less powerful batteries..fingers crossed all is well again come getting my cb out for spring..to be honest i am just waiting for the dreaded stator fail..seems to be around 30.000 miles but this could be only certain locations vin numbers i have researched ive also met other cb owners over 30.000 miles with know issues at all..so i may get lucky know recalls on my vin number at honda as yet.
    i came across these on ebay both chinese just in case but would you risk it! cheap enough though.:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Regulator...frcectupt=true

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magneto-G...frcectupt=true
    Last edited by tachyon67; 02-11-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links