CB1000R ABS regulator rectifier - removal help. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    I know this is an old thread...but.....how can the charging system have an effect on hot starting?

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    I know this is an old thread...but.....how can the charging system have an effect on hot starting?
    If it's not charging correctly.---However this will probably effect cold starting as well as hot starting.---These bikes are voltage sensitive and even if down a little they are prone to not starting.---Honda obviously fitted the smallest battery they could get away with.--A modern trickle charger is a must for peace of mind.

COLVERT.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    hi all happy new year...i know this is old post..but just updating on my hot start issue...as for now it turned out to be the battery that came with the bike cheap chinese one even though it was correct spec..i just bought the correct yuasa battery that comes as stock...I road all last summer not one hot start issue since...i just think cheap batteries could lead to rectifier issues maybe..i am sure someone will put this opinion straight..it makes sense?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tachyon67 View Post
    hi all happy new year...i know this is old post..but just updating on my hot start issue...as for now it turned out to be the battery that came with the bike cheap chinese one even though it was correct spec..i just bought the correct yuasa battery that comes as stock...I road all last summer not one hot start issue since...i just think cheap batteries could lead to rectifier issues maybe..i am sure someone will put this opinion straight..it makes sense?
    When I bought my 14 last July it had a hot start issue. Got to the point where I was nervous to take it to the gas station haha. I had the same experience, brand new Yuasa battery fixed my issues.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    To you two guys above---Fit a flying lead from your battery to a connector under the saddle. In winter when the bike might not be in use it's very easy to connect a trickle charger to this lead.

Using this method I used only two batteries over a ten year period and the second battery still worked well when I sold the bike a few weeks ago.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links