Brake Discs

Thread: Brake Discs

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Brake Discs

Hi all, Need to replace front discs, anybody done this if so, what did you fit. I'm leaning towards Brembo replacement discs.
    They are 320 instead of 310 but all the relevent fittings come with the disc.

Thanks Dave.

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    Dave ! - the 320 is a top upgrade especially if you also include Brembo road pads - you should get longer bolts and spacers to lift the calipers - I very nearly pressed the button on these over the winter but just didn't push myself ( cash really ) - my personal opinion? A true upgrade and much better than going the 'wavy' route !

Member #
    Liked
    277 times
    That's one opinion, I got some Armstrong 'wavy' discs a couple of years ago, they're nice quality, I think they look great and work very well. Name:  SAM_0269.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  3.01 MB
    Black,Honda seat cowl,Akrapovic open exhaust system,carbon fibre under seat side covers,sprocket guard & front cowl,PC III,Evotech Tail Tidy & Crash Protectors,Ermax bellypan,carbon hugger,Pazzo levers,Beowulf stainless steel rad guard.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    ...they do look good I must admit - I was drawn to the 320s as they also have superior (Brembo) build and materials, larger swept area and larger disc capacity for cooling etc - puts the CB brakes nearer to the Blades - to be fair one reason I didn't buy was that I was happy with stock, but keep getting drawn to brake ugrades - Brembo calipers, M/C, discs ! ...argghhhh... I have to stop !!!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    [QUOTE=sovrec;198689]Dave ! - the 320 is a top upgrade especially if you also include Brembo road pads - you should get longer bolts and spacers to lift the calipers - I very nearly pressed the button on these over the winter but just didn't push myself ( cash really ) - my personal opinion? A true upgrade and much better than going the 'wavy' route ![/QUOTE

I did look at the Armstrong wavy discs but dont't love them enough to buy. EBC do a replacement disc but I haven't heard very good reports about them.
    I need to replace my discs before winter sets in as I ride all year so at the moment the Brembo's are at the top of the list.

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    ...heard the same on EBC - apparently more of a pattern replacement for stock - heard good things about the Armstrongs and particularly Galfer, but I too didn't want wavys ! I reckon Brembos will give you all you need plus the upgrade !
    Last edited by sovrec; 09-17-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Just spoken to Brembo uk and have been told that the discs are direct replacements. So they're 310 not 320 as advertised!.
    So having second thoughts on them now.

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    Just spoken to Brembo uk and have been told that the discs are direct replacements. So they're 310 not 320 as advertised!.
    So having second thoughts on them now.
    There is a kit Dave - I think Bike Torque Racing do it - not too much more but definitely a 320 hop up with caliper spaces and bolts - is definitely compatible with CB1000R ....

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    That's one opinion, I got some Armstrong 'wavy' discs a couple of years ago, they're nice quality, I think they look great and work very well. Name:  SAM_0269.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  3.01 MB

Pretty-----------

Name:  Like button..jpg
Views: 141
Size:  5.4 KB
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sovrec View Post
    There is a kit Dave - I think Bike Torque Racing do it - not too much more but definitely a 320 hop up with caliper spaces and bolts - is definitely compatible with CB1000R ....
    Thanks for that, I'll take a look.

Sponsored Links