So Far so Good

Thread: So Far so Good

Loving the NOISE of the Akra on my Tuono, in GLASGOW!!
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

So Far so Good

Hi Everybody, took a cb1000r Demo Bike from Victor Divines 4a Spin 2 weeks ago & really enjoyed it, have now part ex'd the 03 Fazer Thou & taken delivery of my New White cb 2 days ago. Yesterday i went up 2 Knockhill Race Circuit 2 watch the Track Day Action, & my friends all seemed well impressed with the Bike which is good. From there took a spin 2 Crianlarich & continued up through Glencoe, & back down the side of Loch Lomond, home to Glasgow. It was a fantastic 1st run, clocked up 250 miles & even the sun was shining for once?! The bike performed brilliantly, (its so small & nimble compared 2 the Fazer) & the Tyres & Brakes are both feeling much better now!! Had a Honda seat cowl, Red Wheel Tapes & R&G tail tidy fitted when i bought it, have removed the rear pegs & am currently deciding what mod 2 spend next weeks wages on??!! Im really Confident ive made a Great choice with the CB, & am going 2 head for a run over Dukes Pass this avo 2 scrub the rest of the 'Chicken Strips' off the rear tyre. FUN!!
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Fighter, Carbon Evolution Airbox, PiperCross Cone Filter, Gabro F255 Eprom, Akrapovic Titanium Can, Renthal Gold 16/43 Sprockets, DID Gold 525 Chain, Carbon Fender & Hugger, R&G Bungs, Aprilia Racing Seats, Renntec Grab Rail, Yuasa YTX14BS Battery, 150amp Solenoid, Michelin Pilot Powers. (so far)

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Re: So Far so Good

from London. Glad to hear you've had no problems with the bike, enjoy it!
    bilemissile's ride (updated 25/3/10)

Member #
    Liked
    344 times

Welcome to you Satchel Man and congratulations on the new 'bike! You seem to have done what appears to me to be the standard mods so far ( as I would too!). Bet she looks a cracker!!

You seem to have 'settled in' quite well already! Enjoy.
    'War is god's way of teaching Americans geography.' Ambrose Bierce

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    150 times

Hi Satchel Man

As the Fordz says it sounds like you've got the essential mods in there already; tail tidy, seat cowl and passenger pegs off, but I bet the rim tape makes the bike a little more unique amongst CB1000Rs. If only there was a good looking exhaust system and I'm sure that would be on the essential list too

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Hi satchel man and .Are you a postman?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Congratulations and
    Ride safe
    /hass

Back on two wheels!

Member #
    Liked
    277 times

mate. You're almost run-in already !
    Black,Honda seat cowl,Akrapovic open exhaust system,carbon fibre under seat side covers,sprocket guard & front cowl,PC III,Evotech Tail Tidy & Crash Protectors,Ermax bellypan,carbon hugger,Pazzo levers,Beowulf stainless steel rad guard.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times

, That sounds like a good little run, its been years since Ive been up to Loch Lomand, we did it 2 years in a row all the way up to Inverness and then onto John O Groats....

Like you say its fortunate to see rain, we were lucky it pissed it down at night and then dried up first thing in the morning, thank god as we were camping and need to dry out.

Loving the NOISE of the Akra on my Tuono, in GLASGOW!!
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Hi Guys & Thankyou all for the Welcome. Have been spending a bit of time looking through the great Forum & am enjoying learning more about my new Pride & Joy. Originaly wanted the none ABS bike for the performance & looks, but here in Glasgow i had no choice but 2 buy the ABS version as that was all that was avialable, so yesterday i put it through its paces & have 2 say the Brakes r good enough 4 me (doesnt say much mind u) as long as i can still fit Wavy Discs when funds allow. Does any1 know if Galfer & Braking r on the case yet?
    Took it over Dukes Pass yesterday, which is a very tight windy road full of hairpin bends, it really showed the Bikes mid range torque & although im only taking it up to 6000rpm until run in it was still much quicker & more fun than my old bike, cant wait until 600 mile service done so can let it rip properly!! Crash Bungs, Carbon Exhaust, Ohlins Steering Damper & Wavy Discs on the wish list this now, & maybe a trick paint job next year. Better go b4 long suffering Fiance reads this & ceases my bank account?!

p.s. No im not a Postie, just a daft nickname from years ago!!
    2003 Aprilia Tuono Fighter, Carbon Evolution Airbox, PiperCross Cone Filter, Gabro F255 Eprom, Akrapovic Titanium Can, Renthal Gold 16/43 Sprockets, DID Gold 525 Chain, Carbon Fender & Hugger, R&G Bungs, Aprilia Racing Seats, Renntec Grab Rail, Yuasa YTX14BS Battery, 150amp Solenoid, Michelin Pilot Powers. (so far)

Sponsored Links