Finally!! New owner and member here.
    Member #

Finally!! New owner and member here.

I've been drooling over this bike for 7 or 8 years now, and finally pulled the trigger on a 13 model. I love the bike just as much, if not more, than I thought i would. I am also a new member to the forum, although I've been lurking here and there. I initially wasn't too fond of the white, and preferred the red. However, the white is growing on me, and looks better in person than in the pictures. I sold a bobbed harley 3 or 4 yeas ago, and have had the bug to fill the void ever since. The only thing that is disappointing is I'm in Florida, St. Augustine to be exact, and the roads are just a bit too straight and flat. The bike is still a blast. The guy I bought it from took exceptional care of it, and kept it mechanically stock. He made tasteful mods such as aluminum Rizoma reservoirs, braided lines, LED lights, USB charger, gear indicator, and frame sliders, while doing correct and neat installation. I just installed Bridgestone S21 front and rear, a Yoshi R77, and have oberon's on the way as well as a Power Commander 5. The only real gripe I have is the seat is a bit firm. I dont kow if my rear will "break in" to the seat, or if that will be a future mod. Anyway, enough running of the mouth. Just introducing myself, and telling a bit about the bike. Anyone in northeast to central Florida looking for a riding buddy, message me.

Mc1
    Member #
    Hi Hambone welcome to the site from a newbie too. Hope you get some more replies

Member #
    Welcome Hambone

The previous owner of my bike installed a gel cushion into the seat, much better than the standard seat on another CB1000r that I test rode.

Guessing it's something like this

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Gel seats make a huge difference,I ve been installing them for all my friends with a big thumbs up.Were all older guys on our sport tour bikes and this really helps.

Member #
    That gel seat insert dealio is interesting, BUTT, the pain I get is not on my bum butt rather my upper inner thighs.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by extrapolator View Post
    That gel seat insert dealio is interesting, BUTT, the pain I get is not on my bum butt rather my upper inner thighs.
    Clamping the tank with your legs for dear life? That what I put that down to after a long crazy ride anyway

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsky7 View Post
    Clamping the tank with your legs for dear life? That what I put that down to after a long crazy ride anyway
    Squeezing the tank with your legs is the recommended method to take some weight off your wrist, if you're on a bike where you lean forward, like the ZX14R I have now. That's a riding position that my back tells me feels like a good balance.

But the actual problem for me is caused by the shape of the seat: Manufacturers sometimes shape the seat kinda flat on top and with kinda square shoulders. Those shoulders are what rub my thighs. I got a Corbin seat for my ZX ... and I know some complain that Corbins are too firm ... but it is a great improvement for me. It's not too firm for me, and more importantly it doesn't have the square shoulders.

Sponsored Links