Crap Customer Service!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Crap Customer Service!

Why are most places these days absolutely shite in providing good customer service?! Do they not realise in times like these that customer is king, and good service goes a long way in ensuring repeat custom and good word of mouth?

I placed an order yesterday with Body Power/Fitness-Superstore over the phone. Paid for it, details all match on card payment, thank you very much. Asked them to send to my work, and they said it was fine. Today I get a letter from them telling me my order is on hold due to my card/billing address not matching despite an all match over the phone yesterday. Here's the email I sent them, before I burst into flames. Quick enough to take my money, dammit!

FAO Customer Services Manager,

Reference Customer Order 10408301
    Miss Tamsin Hopkins

Whilst I write this email to you, I am extremely angry and very disappointed in the customer service I have received and that I feel like I am being treated like a criminal.

I placed an order yesterday morning (26/01/11) for a Polar HRM with one of your guys who called me back after I emailed about price matching.

He took my order over the telephone, confirmed my billing address and told me my payment had gone through fine, address matched and would dispatch my item when it came into stock in approx 1-2 days. Before I got off the phone I then asked him is it possible to get the item posted to my work address as I work long hours as does my partner and that there is no one home during the day to sign for the item. I was told this wasn't a problem, everything was fine and that's how the conversation ended.

Today I get a letter through from you to tell me my card details do not match my billing address. I think this is totally appalling that no one bothered to call me and tell me there was a problem with my order. You were quick enough to take my money and now I am being told my order is on hold?! Do you think this is an acceptable level of customer service?

Please find attached a photo (don't have a scanner) of my Visa card that I paid with plus my Visa's statement with my billing address that I gave you when I placed the order. I have also attached a photo of my driving licence, again with my billing address on.

Whilst I understand that you as a company take precautions with card fraud, I think this is totally unacceptable. As a customer I feel like a criminal. Not only that but the same thing happened to my partner at the beginning of January when he ordered a cross trainer from you, which was going to the billing address on the card (which matched) and you still made him prove who he was before you would send his order.

To say am unhappy with the service I have received from you is an understatement.

I would like a response to this email by lunchtime tomorrow (28/01/11) with an apology and my item dispatched or I shall cancel my order, get a refund and take my business elsewhere to your competitor who was cheaper in the first place.And for your information, I can be contacted on this email, my work email : [email protected]
    My mobile *********** or work 01252 870900 Bykebitz Ltd, Reading Rd, Yateley, Hants, GU46 7UR (which was where I wanted my order sent)

Regards

Tamsin Hopkins

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Re: Crap Customer Service!

Thought I might not get to sleep very easily tonight, but that's set me up nicely

Seriously though, hope get it resolved asap!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Thanks hun!

Perhaps I expect too much from people these days? I do my absolute best to provide the very best customer service I can and I always get emails/phonecalls of praise, so I know I do a good job.

Would it really have hurt them to have phoned me yesterday after they billed my card to tell me there was a problem?

(Which there isn't! They're clearly muppets. The Visa card I used is registered to the address I gave them, and the card machine gave the guy an all match on the phone yesterday!)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

I had a simular thing happen to me,i get stuff sent to my work the same as you do because thats where i am,going to my house is no good as no one is in,i ordered a mob phone it actually went to my house when i was at work i didnt know about this till i got home jumped in my van felt and heard something strange as i moved it got out and see they had put the phone behind the front wheel,of course when i went indoors theres there del card,parcel left under van took me ages to sort that out with them

Member #
    Liked
    277 times

They're over-cautious to say the least,I can understand your frustration.
    Black,Honda seat cowl,Akrapovic open exhaust system,carbon fibre under seat side covers,sprocket guard & front cowl,PC III,Evotech Tail Tidy & Crash Protectors,Ermax bellypan,carbon hugger,Pazzo levers,Beowulf stainless steel rad guard.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Over cautious?! Do you not think that if they suspected a fraudulent transaction that they perhaps should not have taken my money?

My address and card details were a 100% match on the card machine, and today I get a letter saying my order is on hold. They should have phoned me!

Member #
    Liked
    33 times

Possibly the most annoying thing is that they probably said "can we take a phone number in case there are any problems?" Then sent you a letter!

Tw**s!

Hope you get sorted!
    Be the exception, never the rule.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

FAO : BYKEBITZ
    REF : Ou812 ?

Whilst at you store a few weeks back I got everything I needed.
    But I got no cake.
    Am seriously considering bringing my own the next time
    Regards

Starvin' Marvin
    Marklar

Member #
    Liked
    33 times

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity
    FAO : BYKEBITZ
    REF : Ou812 ?
    Van Halen? Cracking album!
    Be the exception, never the rule.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times

Customer service is getting dreadful all round.

Ordered something on 9th of this month from twin things, paid via paypal, On 17th it finally went through. I had e-mailed chasing, after payment went through sent e-mail querying when it will be dispatched. No answer finally after 5 further days I put in a Paypal dispute in. I stated in my dispute the lack of response etc. 2 Days later refunded with still no communication. All it would have taken from them was a reasonable reply. So will vote with my feet. Ordered what I wanted elsewhere and arrived next day.

Ford Customer service... Lets simply say after many years of owning Fords, we will never be buying Ford again. The local dealers have been fine, but I have had a issue which to be honest I would have taken full independent legal and technical advice if we hadn't decided to part x the focus for a bigger non Ford car anyway ( Having 2 babys in the way makes you realise you need bigger).

My dealings with Ford Customer Service show complete disregard and respect to Ford Customers. The cars have been fine, I have simply had a long running issue which has failed again outside of warranty. For a fault which was never repaired fully during warranty and to to fail twice again outside of warranty I was expecting to have been dealt with far better. My mistake. Their loss. Someone else's gain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links