Who is to blame? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mostly the blue car. They might argue that always check your mirror before turning but what do you expect from someone who drives a Renault

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Yeah, I really don't care what the pedantic letter of the UK law says about percentages and whatnot. The blue car driver is a can't drive dickhead that should have never attempted to pass like that.

Passing like that at that speed with oncoming traffic was stupid. Where is people's sense of self-preservation? The oncoming suv driver should be mad at the blue car also for moving into their lane.

Then again, you have screwy traffic markings and laws over there. Maybe that is considered ok. Over here, the blue car driver is a dickhead all day long.
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DELuth View Post
    Yeah, I really don't care what the pedantic letter of the UK law says about percentages and whatnot. The blue car driver is a can't drive dickhead that should have never attempted to pass like that.

Passing like that at that speed with oncoming traffic was stupid. Where is people's sense of self-preservation? The oncoming suv driver should be mad at the blue car also for moving into their lane.

Then again, you have screwy traffic markings and laws over there. Maybe that is considered ok. Over here, the blue car driver is a dickhead all day long.
    -------------------Name:  Like button..jpg
Views: 53
Size:  5.4 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote---( From BIGONE> )-----I remain fascinated that you appear deaf and blind to the fact that a signal ‘s intended meaning is open to interpretation.

I am partially deaf but even on a good day I couldn't hear a car indicator working. Lol.

Not blind as to me that flashing indicator could mean--

1/ I am turning right.

2/ I am about to overtake a cyclist.

3/ I have acidentley hit the indicator stalk and I don't know it's flashing

4/ I forgot to cancel it from my last right turn.

Non of those things means-----Go ahead, overtake me.-------

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    what is your plan, Geordie? Are you going to try to fight the decision? I assume yes on the 25 vs 50% share of blame ...?
    As far as the decision goes, I am screwed. My insurance company took great pleasure in pointing out to me, buried in the terms and conditions, they have the final say. So I will end up with somewhere between 25 and 50% of the blame for this accident, as that is the cheapest option for the insurance company.

I will be raising a claim with the Financial Services Ombudsman, who oversee the insurance service but they can only rule on procedure not blame. My insurance company have made errors, they misinterpreted case law and have been trying to justify this to me and mislead me as to case law. That said, I will win that but that will not change the fact I am still held as accountable for the crash.

I am struggling with this as I thought the video would vindicate me, live and learn.........

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Insurance Companies are like bookies, they are the only ones that win. It appears fairly clear in the video the blue car is at fault. Hope you buck the trend and win cos it seams fairly clear cut to me

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trevloc View Post
    Quote---( From BIGONE> )-----I remain fascinated that you appear deaf and blind to the fact that a signal ‘s intended meaning is open to interpretation.

I am partially deaf but even on a good day I couldn't hear a car indicator working. Lol.

Not blind as to me that flashing indicator could mean--

1/ I am turning right.

2/ I am about to overtake a cyclist.

3/ I have acidentley hit the indicator stalk and I don't know it's flashing

4/ I forgot to cancel it from my last right turn.

Non of those things means-----Go ahead, overtake me.-------

I guarantee every one of us regularly passes people who are signaling to pull into traffic. The signal to do so is not a right of way. But whatever.

Member #
    I guarantee every one of us regularly passes people who are signaling to pull into traffic. The signal to do so is not a right of way. But whatever.
    Even if it means pulling over into the OPPOSITE side of the road.---

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trevloc View Post
    Even if it means pulling over into the OPPOSITE side of the road.---
    It's like you are completely unable to look at this from any perspective but Geordie's.

Member #
    It's like you are completely unable to look at this from any perspective but Geordie's.
    Yes, I totally agree with you. And that's what I've based all my comments on. Just my opinion, that's all. Others have their own opinions of course which is natural.----

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links