Sammy Miller Museum
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times

Sammy Miller Museum

Have any of you ever been to the Sammy Miller Museum?
    between Bournemouth & Southampton, Hants?

stories and pictures would be neat.
    Just a dream of mine, on the bucket list. I emailed them to see if books are available.

Sammy Miller Museum, New Milton The finest collection of fully restored motorcycles in Europe
    Last edited by suzukijo; 11-16-2013 at 11:52 AM.

WIZ
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Been there twice Jo.
    This year I was lucky enough to get myself invited in a tour for about 12 of us guided by Sammy himself, I felt V privileged.
    He even fired up a very rare trials bike, which was very cool, as the two men who financed it and built it back in the 70's/80's were among the 12 of us.
    Took my dad with me, so that made it even more of a treat !

I took some video and pics, and when I can hook them out I'll load them up for you.

The museum is about an hour from me and so I often use it as a place to stop for a cuppa when out for a ride, next time I'll pop and have a good look at the books for you.

Don't hold your breath however as I'm mothballed now until the New Year.

If you ever manage to tick that one from your bucket list, then while in the area you should also visit Crescent Racing at 'Verwood in Dorset' Crescent Motorcycles Home of the largest Independent Motorcycle Dealer in the South!!
    They don't make much of it on their website but it is not only a very nice Bike shop but also where they used to run the Suzuki MotoGP team out of [Kenny Jr etc] and latterly their BSB and WSB teams from, so you can sit upstairs with a coffee, and look right down at the bikes being prep'd [unless they're away racing that weekend of course]
    In the showroom, hanging from the walls they have several Kevin Schwantz Suzuki 500 GP bikes, a few of Kenny Jr's 500's and the first of the 4 stroke Moto GP bikes.
    Well worth an open mouthed wander around if you ever find yourself in the South West of the UK.

Actually, a short ride from there you could have a look at and treat yourself to a little UK hideaway Sandbanks: The tiny millionaire's playground where 15 houses cost £80m | Mail Online
    I believe it's some of the most expensive plots of land to be had and if you catch it on a nice summers day, it's quite special.

And, [hell, I'm on a roll now ] hang around and visit Poole Quay for bike night: Poole Bike Night ~ Home Page Poole Bike Night | Poolequay.com
    Held every week throughout the season.

OK, I think I've done my bit for US - Anglo tourism

WIZ
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Not sure if the the pictures uploaded Jo, in case that didn't work, I've also added them to my Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/wiz.racing go to albums, and you should see them.

Will - WIZ

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Thx Wiz for the pictures, you can find me on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/joe.broussard.771

I emailed them bout the books, shipping to US is not easily brought up on their website.
    you'all in the UK, have some great motorcycle history, not appreciated here in USA.

WIZ
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Thank goodness for the internet, we can all connect and find what we need in one way or another. Already I have forgotten how it was before.
    I send a lot os stuff overseas, so if you need anything from a site that is a bit 'tricky' let me know, if I can help, I will.

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    I remember when I used to write postal letters, to communicate with those overseas. it took months to have a conversation.

it was a beginning, I stumbled into some contacts in the UK, and helped provide some old parts common here in the US, to some enthusiasts in the UK, SB125 shown here.

Northwich Thundersprint Bike Show Pics - ADVrider

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Would like to get to the Sammy Miller museum myself oneday.
    By the way Suzukijo,the Northwich Thundersprint is not held any longer.
    Moved the event to a track in Wales which I believe was not very sucessful.

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    On the Thundersprint, I've actually got my tickets for 2014 - it's now moved to Darley Moor - a popular club circuit near Chesterfield in Derbyshire :

THUNDERSPRINT 2014 - Motorcycle Racing and Road Racing

The organisers dumped Northwich and went to Anglesey - I went on the Saturday mid afternoon but they wanted £10 to get in, so I told them to sling it - the actual event on a Sunday was a downpour and washout from early morning to late evening - Anglesey I believe then dumped them ! - Darley Moor is a little better, a good ride and not too far, so for a fiver I thought I'd chance my arm !

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Went to Northwich a few times Jon,it did start to go down hill a bit towards the later years but still enjoyed it.
    The event sort of goes hand in hand with Northwich and now being held at a circuit it just doesn't for me have the same appeal.
    Hope I'm wrong and may still try to get over their if possible.

Sponsored Links