PC for 2018 CB1000R - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 88
  1. #71
    Senior Member COLVERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,797
    Member #
    1038
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    Having ridden the NSC quite a bit now I'd agree that my 'old' '08 CB does feel nicer at the lower to mid-range revs with a very linear feel to the power delivery right up through- although it is set up well with Akra,decat, BMC air filter and PCIII and isn't by any means slow , but the NSC is more of a beast from 7k for sure.
    The trouble is, if you want to use the power from 7K up in fourth, fifth, or sixth gear you can wave goodbye to your licence.----------------------------------------

    Just to match the power of the older bike in the lower gears you would, it seems, have to race the engine and use more fuel.----
    Last edited by COLVERT; 07-01-2019 at 05:47 AM.

  2. #72
    Senior Member Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    241
    Member #
    9018
    Well, it's been a year since Dynojet originally had my bike for a couple of weeks to develop the fuelling solution for the 2018+ CB1000R NSC. After a couple of glimpses or promise the trail has gone cold and the possibility of a solution seems to be either a very long way off or just not going to happen. Very disappointing after the time and effort involved up to now.

    Off to Rapid Bike EVO I go. There is a version with Plug & play control module & wiring harness - With Special Map developed by Akrapovic R&D. Heard lots of great feedback and can't wait to get one.

  3. #73
    Member Apri11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    9102
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Well, it's been a year since Dynojet originally had my bike for a couple of weeks to develop the fuelling solution for the 2018+ CB1000R NSC. After a couple of glimpses or promise the trail has gone cold and the possibility of a solution seems to be either a very long way off or just not going to happen. Very disappointing after the time and effort involved up to now.

    Off to Rapid Bike EVO I go. There is a version with Plug & play control module & wiring harness - With Special Map developed by Akrapovic R&D. Heard lots of great feedback and can't wait to get one.
    Took your lead after reading this post and I purchased the Rapidbike Evo today, looking forward to seeing the results. I had uploaded a ECU read to Woolich using the hardware from my 17' Fireblade sometime ago and still yet no word on a map for the NSC. Oh well, Gilles De Leonardis at Rapidbike Australia was great to deal with and answered all my questions before purchase. Below is a dynograph which he had supplied as well.

    Name:  CB1000R 2018 Dyno Graph (Rapidbike).jpg
Views: 44
Size:  97.9 KB

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

  5. #74
    Senior Member oldcorollas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    569
    Member #
    9082
    that... almost looks like it was done in a different gear??

    ie, if red in 5th and blue in 6th, you'd expect the blue curve to shift ~9% to the left, and ~9% up... (1.217/1.115)
    can he resupply same graph with RPM instead of km/hr?

  6. #75
    Member Apri11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    9102
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas View Post
    that... almost looks like it was done in a different gear??

    ie, if red in 5th and blue in 6th, you'd expect the blue curve to shift ~9% to the left, and ~9% up... (1.217/1.115)
    can he resupply same graph with RPM instead of km/hr?
    Ill ask mate, cant hurt to try.

  7. #76
    Senior Member oldcorollas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    569
    Member #
    9082
    stretching curves in PS doesn't match up quite right.. so is probably real but you never know with advertising claims

  8. #77
    Senior Member COLVERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,797
    Member #
    1038
    Liked
    714 times
    The older CB 1,000 showed 150 mph at 10,000 rpm. ( 240 kph. )

    What figure is given for the NSC at 10,000 rpm ??

    Would knowing that help ??
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

  9. #78
    Member Apri11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    9102
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    The older CB 1,000 showed 150 mph at 10,000 rpm. ( 240 kph. )

    What figure is given for the NSC at 10,000 rpm ??

    Would knowing that help ??

    RapidBike just got back to me with a few Dyno Graphs performed on a completely stock standard CB1000R 2018, without the Akrapovič exhaust and map.


    Gilles from RapidBike Australia explains that the TPS7-18_Map represents a small, partial throttle opening, typical of a normal riding style. The TPS95_Map refers to the wide open throttle map.



    TPS7-18_Map

    Name:  CB1000R tps7-18.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  258.6 KB

    TPS95_Map

    Name:  CB1000R tps95.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  293.3 KB
    Last edited by Apri11; 11-07-2019 at 11:45 PM.

  10. #79
    Senior Member oldcorollas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    569
    Member #
    9082
    that's quite stoich for most of the map..
    and while not a big increase in power with the better AFR (assuming the purple is their tweaked map).. seems like a safer AFR range
    (at least for engines with older technology.. this one seems to be running ok with that stoich AFR.. until you put a full system on it)
    Last edited by oldcorollas; 11-08-2019 at 03:51 AM.

  11. #80
    Member Apri11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    9102
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas View Post
    that's quite stoich for most of the map..
    and while not a big increase in power with the better AFR (assuming the purple is their tweaked map).. seems like a safer AFR range
    (at least for engines with older technology.. this one seems to be running ok with that stoich AFR.. until you put a full system on it)
    I'm no means an expert so by all means feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The mid-range improvement is where it is most interesting, to increase top horsepower I'd say that a few baked-in ECU restrictions would need to be removed, it is a de-tuned fireblade engine after all with a few differences. The RapidBike module won't do that, but the Woolich system (which isn't available atm) or similar would as it re-writes the ECU directly. The interesting part for me though is between the 5-6K RPM range. The tps7-18_map definitely shows a improvement in this area and by the 'seat of the pants feel' it is a noticeable improvement, well worth the investment in my opinion. I don't know what Honda was trying to achieve with regards to the mid-range lull that everyone experiences but comparing both graphs and the AFR log within tps95 stock, it looks as though more fuel at the 5-6k RPM range is being added, why I'm not sure

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 CB1000R first service schedule
    By Crispy in forum Neo Sports Cafe
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-04-2018, 10:43 AM
  2. 2018 Neo Sport Cafe CB1000R ride reviews
    By doser in forum Neo Sports Cafe
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 02:45 PM
  3. Custom 2018 CB1000r
    By Tangor in forum Neo Sports Cafe
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2018, 10:05 AM
  4. Finally !!! got the new 2018 CB
    By Ghostrider.1127 in forum CB1000R General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-16-2018, 03:25 PM
  5. 2018 Neo Sport Cafe CB1000R ride reviews
    By doser in forum CB1000R General
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 12:41 PM

Search tags for this page

2018 cb1000r power commander

Click on a term to search for related topics.