PC for 2018 CB1000R - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    [QUOTE=Crispy;287454]So, the progress of the PowerCommander development for the 2018 CB1000R has hit the buffers. After Richard at DynoJet put in a LOT of work it has turned out that the 2018 CB1000R doesn't work with the PC in the same way as so many models of bike previously. Richard was concerned that within a very short time the bike would throw out error codes and this isn't how DynoJet want their products to leave them. The power, torque and graphs show that there's great gains to be had. So, the bike is coming back home and then in early January it's going back to DynoJet to explore another route.

I want to say a massive thank you to Richard for all his work so far. Watch this space for the next stage. All being well the CB will feel and perform like a new bike !

But----------------------------------I thought it WAS a new bike !!!!!!!!!----
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    [QUOTE=COLVERT;287472]
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    So, the progress of the PowerCommander development for the 2018 CB1000R has hit the buffers. After Richard at DynoJet put in a LOT of work it has turned out that the 2018 CB1000R doesn't work with the PC in the same way as so many models of bike previously. Richard was concerned that within a very short time the bike would throw out error codes and this isn't how DynoJet want their products to leave them. The power, torque and graphs show that there's great gains to be had. So, the bike is coming back home and then in early January it's going back to DynoJet to explore another route.

I want to say a massive thank you to Richard for all his work so far. Watch this space for the next stage. All being well the CB will feel and perform like a new bike !

But----------------------------------I thought it WAS a new bike !!!!!!!!!----
    You know what I mean....the bike it had the potential to be knowing the quality of the engine

Member #
    Damn! Soooo looking forward to a result, oh well. So Crispy, do you and Dynojet think there is a fair bit of performance to be unlocked with these bikes? I'd be happy if that midrange dip was the only thing that was sorted out properly. I have a full Akra system on mine now, although a bit too loud because of the type of slip-on purchased, the bike does respond a lot better and just seems to rev a lot quicker, and has quite an addictive sound to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Apri11 View Post
    Damn! Soooo looking forward to a result, oh well. So Crispy, do you and Dynojet think there is a fair bit of performance to be unlocked with these bikes? I'd be happy if that midrange dip was the only thing that was sorted out properly. I have a full Akra system on mine now, although a bit too loud because of the type of slip-on purchased, the bike does respond a lot better and just seems to rev a lot quicker, and has quite an addictive sound to it.
    The graphs I posted up earlier in the thread are still applicable as far as power, torque and curves go. Richard believes that the new approach that they will be able to use in the New Year will give them even more control.

Even though the PC was a no go it doesn't mean this is the end of the road. If anything the future option is even more exciting.

Watch this space

Edit: HA HA! Looks like I've just hit Senior Member! Virtual beers on me!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Bought a Rapid Bike , as they have no problem in the closed loop area with the newest Honda (already fitted one in my Africa twin 18 aswel , work like a charm).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider.1127 View Post
    Bought a Rapid Bike , as they have no problem in the closed loop area with the newest Honda (already fitted one in my Africa twin 18 aswel , work like a charm).
    Are you planning to do a dyno run once the Rapid Bike is installed? Be interesting to compare and contrast the results

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Could be , if i have time .I´m pretty busy with mods in few other bikes (VFR1200f , ATAS , MT10 , MT10SP ,MT09SP ) and planning to do forks, rear shock , braided lines , rapid bike and air filter.

Member #
    Hello all,

I will be picking up my CB in a few months here. I had the chance to test ride it and put it away on lay away for the winter. I did too notice the torque dip in the bike, but it has been so long since I have ridden it that I have forgotten exactly what it feels like short of a turbo spooling up at 6 grand. Has there been any more development with Dynojet on the fix for this? The set of graphs a few pages back that showed the fully system aka actually totally flipped the torque curve on its head and boosted torque where Honda chose to neuter it. Reviews all over the web and videos online are very mixed on the feeling, but most are very disappointed with this. How is everyones experiences with this dip? Will a Rapid Bike fix this? Will Dynojets power commander fix this?

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    The graphs I posted up earlier in the thread are still applicable as far as power, torque and curves go. Richard believes that the new approach that they will be able to use in the New Year will give them even more control.

Even though the PC was a no go it doesn't mean this is the end of the road. If anything the future option is even more exciting.

Watch this space

I've been watching this space. Any update?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    I've been watching this space. Any update?
    It's been a while since I've had any news on progress. At the moment it's in the hands of the DynoJet development team in the US and they'll be working with the UK once a couple of hurdles are cleared. . I have a phone call planned with Richard at DynoJet UK today. He has tried to contact me in the last few days but I've been away on a freelance job.
    Last edited by Crispy; 03-22-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links