Paddock stand and rear tyre
    Member #

Paddock stand and rear tyre

Hi guys
    can you recomend a good single sided paddock stand for the CB1000R ?
    dont want to spend silly money , and will be used for maintenance mostly rather than " perpetual lifting " ...ie its only gonna be on it for short periods of time.
    I find it awkward to check the oil, let alone lube the chain ! plus I need a new tyre after just 2000 miles !..which is the other part of my question- can I fit a less soft rubber to the rear like a 021 for a bit better mileage, retaining the 015 front ?...or maybe try a mich pilot power 2CT front and rear ?? The wear rate on the rear 015 is ludicrous, especially as the front seem sbarely marked, and looks like maybe doing 4000 at least.Given that the bike will rarely exceed 120 mph ..high speed stability would not be a major issue.

cheers

Jon

Member #
    Liked
    47 times

Re: Paddock stand and rear tyre

Jon, apologies for butting in, but just wanted to point out that many CB1000R riders favour the Abba stand but it is not cheap (but will probably be the only stand you ever need to buy) - if you check out discounts club members do get a discount directly from Abba.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

Quote Originally Posted by pitternator
    Hi guys
    dont want to spend silly money , and will be used for maintenance mostly rather than " perpetual lifting " ...ie its only gonna be on it for short periods of time.
    I find it awkward to check the oil, let alone lube the chain ! plus I need a new tyre after just 2000 miles !..which is the other part of my question- can I fit a less soft rubber to the rear like a 021 for a bit better mileage, retaining the 015 front ?...or maybe try a mich pilot power 2CT front and rear ?? The wear rate on the rear 015 is ludicrous, especially as the front seem sbarely marked, and looks like maybe doing 4000 at least.Given that the bike will rarely exceed 120 mph ..high speed stability would not be a major issue.

cheers

Jon
    Hi Jon, I have not had a chance to find a specific single sided stan that fits. These tend to be expensive also. As an alternative R&G make a set of spindle sliders @ £29.99. This will then allow the use of a normal paddock stand with hooks. As an example the Oxford paddock stand costs £45.99 and a set of hooks @ £12.99.
    Tyres are a very emotive subject and what works for one another will hate. I personally do not like mixing different types of tyre as I firmly believe tyres are developed as pairs.

PS Prices quoted do not include CB1000 discount.
    PPS We can also supply the Abba stand

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Hi Pitternator
    I have just bought an ABBA-Stand with additional bras fittings for the CB1000R.
    But be aware not to follow the video-instruction on ABBAS web-site !!!
    It shows " she " fittings into swingarm and the fitting for the CB is " male " it cups
    the swingarm nuts ? not so easy to handle ! I have been in contact wirh ABBA about this
    ( by the way, they do give discount ) problem and they have been very helpful. End of
    this month or beginning of December, they will produce an gadget to fit around the nut,
    so handling will be easy and a one man job !!! They will post it to me.
    When bike is on the stand it is very stable and you can lift the front with a slight pressing on the seat. You can actually run the engine in gears

Member #

Thanx guys, appreciate the advice.
    I did try contacting a firm in northampton about their stands..but they aint got back to me after two weeks !

I am off to the show at the NEC and will check out the abba " stand "

ref tyres...given how the bike is comfy enuff fer some longer rides, not just hooning around, I may try a 016 initially to see how that fares mileag ewise with the 015 front ...and then maybe look at pilot power 2CT as a pair fitment ...

cheers

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by pitternator
    Hi guys

cheers

Jon

hi Pitternator

just a thought , i would still check your oil with wheels on floor,as stands tend to lift back up a bit and may effect the visual level,

you will have to get someone to hold it for you, and your bike

gedspeed

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Doble
    Hi Jon, I have not had a chance to find a specific single sided stan that fits. These tend to be expensive also. As an alternative R&G make a set of spindle sliders @ £29.99. This will then allow the use of a normal paddock stand with hooks.
    I looked up the spindle sliders on the R&G site - They look so narrow, will they really fit a standard oxford stand? I have one lying in my garage from my old RSV1000R (which had bobbins) so it would be cool if I could use it.

Can I order these and if they don't fit return them?

Can you pm me the price with shipping to Sweden (including discount)?

Thanks.
    Ride safe
    /hass

Back on two wheels!

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by hass
    Quote Originally Posted by Doble
    Hi Jon, I have not had a chance to find a specific single sided stan that fits. These tend to be expensive also. As an alternative R&G make a set of spindle sliders @ £29.99. This will then allow the use of a normal paddock stand with hooks.
    I looked up the spindle sliders on the R&G site - They look so narrow, will they really fit a standard oxford stand? I have one lying in my garage from my old RSV1000R (which had bobbins) so it would be cool if I could use it.

Can I order these and if they don't fit return them?

Can you pm me the price with shipping to Sweden (including discount)?

Thanks.
    Hass i used them thay work fine
    Today i mostly be...confused with the layout of this site!!!!!!

Sponsored Links