What did you do to your bike today?
    Member #

What did you do to your bike today?

A good time at the mo to be ticking off all those jobs we've been saving up. I've been meaning to change the oil on mine for a while (supposedly done just before I bought it last year but you never know). Looks like it was overfilled by at least half a litre, far less went in than came out. I will admit that I hadn't bothered checking the manual so didn't know you were supposed to leave it 3 to 5 minutes after warming up/shutting off. Apparently the Honda dealer that serviced it before me doesn't know either

Put it up on stands to make sure it was actually level.
    Name:  20200330_171540.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  4.09 MB

Also over the past couple of weeks have fitted heated grips too. Won't be needing them by the time I can go for a ride again.

disclaimer: idea shamelessly stolen from 1000rr forum

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Draining it hot is a good idea. Can be filled from cold though as the sump capacity is three litres.--You'll find it will take just under the three litres due to a small amount of oil that remains in places that don't quite drain.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Yep, I always drain my vehicles hot. Ideally I'd take it for a run first ( It takes a good 15 minutes to get the oil up to full temperature) but not an option at the moment in the UK. Had to settle for warming it up on the driveway today.

I think I got a dot over 3 litres in but I did raise the rear on a paddock stand and left it to drain for ages.

Sponsored Links