Rear brake pads - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear brake pads

Member #
    Doser _ thank you for the heads up.. very much appreciated. Now I know that Im on the right forum.Actually , when I got the bike muffler has been replaced
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    That Yoshi exhaust is even easier to remove. You don't need to remove the band clamp. Just remove the one hanger bolt and the springs and the muffler will slide right off. Actually, my Yoshi took a bunch of wiggling and grunting to get off, but it will slide off of the pipe.

Feel free to ask me anything. I suggest changing your account settings so you can receive private messages.

BTW, your bike looks great.
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    I will change my acct setting. thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hi,
    Is Bikemaster brake pads is a good brand?
    Also, where can I find the PM that was sent to me? Please direct me.
    Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Ediboy,
    I just have to ask, why do you think you need to replace the rear pads at all? I had a 2012, just about like yours ( black and gold - great combo!). mine had ABS - not sure of yours. I put over 100,000 kms on that bike and did not change the rear pads... and I commute regularly (plus tour, etc) , so I use the rear brake quite a lot more than maybe is typical. just wondering... plus the bike gets ridden in shitty weather, so stuff should wear more than usual...
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Well first you have to actually use the rear brake.

Member #
    Doser, I'm sure you are correct. I was thinking to replace because I got the bike last year of July and I've been using it almost for 5 months to work but not for other errands cuz I have another one.
    It is still fine but Im just preparing when time comes... Thank you for the advise im sure you are perfectly right.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    I had my bike for 10 years and never replaced any of the pads.

Still some wear left in them when I sold it. The bike slowed down very quickly with just engine braking.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ediboy View Post
    Hi,
    Is Bikemaster brake pads is a good brand?
    Also, where can I find the PM that was sent to me? Please direct me.
    Thanks
    Top right of the screen next to your username, click on notifications and then click on inbox. You can also get there from your profile page.

Bikemaster is like...cheap shit but not always total trash kinda like Harbor Freight. I've never used their pads, though. (and probably never will)
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    I had my bike for 10 years and never replaced any of the pads.

Still some wear left in them when I sold it. The bike slowed down very quickly with just engine braking.
    Colvert, how much mileage did you put on that bike? I ask because I have tended to get about 30,000 kms out of a set of front pads... and that was what I'd consider 'hard' use: commuting, including in shitty weather, which gets grit onto the pads and can get the calipers 'sticky'; lots of sport-touring, with fairly aggressive approaches to corners requiring significant braking; and generally a couple track days per year, with extremely heavy brake loads.

and Ediboy, my suggestion is just buy the OEM pads. they aren't that much money, and they do the job really well. you tend to get what you pay for...
    piling the mileage on...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links